The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica, Zeiss, Voigtlander, etc.

RichA

I'm wondering if firms making rangefinder lenses will make them available with some kind of micro 4/3rds mount, so an adapter wouldn't be needed? Or is it too expensive, the market not large enough yet?

simonclivehughes

Voigtlander makes an adapter as well as lenses. For a manufacturer, this is the best route... sell existing product, so no modifications necessary, and sell new product, the adapter for additional revenue.

Cheers,

RichA

Voigtlander makes an adapter as well as lenses. For a manufacturer, this is the best route... sell existing product, so no modifications necessary, and sell new product, the adapter for additional revenue.

Cheers,
Yes, definitely less costly for them. I was just thinking that certain lenses could be housed in smaller packages in some cases. Maybe not a 50mm f1.1 Voigtlander, which is nearly all glass, but lenses that only have big housings to facilitate current large sensor/film bayonets.

simonclivehughes

I understand, but I really think it's a small market that would actually use them... and they're already selling to them now. What's the point?

Ciao,