The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which RAW converters support E-P1?

tom in mpls

I'm now using Capture One and Photoshop. Olympus must ship software with the camera, but I want to use my usual programs. Is anyone clear on which programs currently suppor RAW conversion for the E-P1?

Lewis44

Capture One supports almost all Olympus Digitals, so if the E-P1 writes the same format, it should work. Photoshop and Lightroom should be the same

jonoslack

I'm now using Capture One and Photoshop. Olympus must ship software with the camera, but I want to use my usual programs. Is anyone clear on which programs currently suppor RAW conversion for the E-P1?
Hi Tom
You can quite easily 'hack' capture one to read the E-P1 files (and it does it very well). Otherwise there isn't really anything yet (but there certainly will be).

JMaher

RPP - Beta?

Does anyone know how to obtain the most recent beta that supports the E-P1?
The version on their home page does not list the EP-1 as supported and I'd like to try it.

Jim

sc_john

Jim,

I sent a support question/e-mail to RPP asking about E-P1. They sent me a link for downloading beta version.

John

barjohn

Here is the hack for C1 that was sent to me.

Basically you are replacing the E-30 settings in Capture One with E-P1, this means that there is no lens correction applied (but that doesn't seem to be much of a problem with the zoom lens, and of course it's no issue with legacy lenses.

Here's what to do:

You'll need to download the trial version of BBEdit and install it.

then go to your applications folder, find Capture One, right click on it and choose 'show package'

find the file:
Capture One.app \ Contents \ Frameworks \ ImageCore.dylib

make a copy of it somewhere safe!

then open it with BBEdit, and replace all 'E-30' with 'E-P1'

That should do the trick.

Good Luck (do back it up first in case it doesn't work).

Rawfa

If I was bit more of a tech head I would try messing around lightroom or photoshop to try to implement a similar hack. It doesn't actually sound that difficult.

jonoslack

If I was bit more of a tech head I would try messing around lightroom or photoshop to try to implement a similar hack. It doesn't actually sound that difficult.
HI there
I've not tried with ACR - Aperture used to be quite easy, but is now much more difficult (it 'repairs' itself without terminal intervention). Still, capture one is generally better for Olympus cameras than lightroom or photoshop (at least, I think so).

Certainly, I wouldn't know where to start with Lightroom (not that I'm much of a tech-head either).

Annna T

open the ImgCoreDll.dll in the Phase One/Capture One Folder and replace the first occurence (and only this one) of the string E-30 with the string E-P1.

i used the notepad++ editor for this. you can get it here for free:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

Yogi
Well,
I've tried this, but I'm not able to find any meaningfull text.. I thought that dll files were executable, compiled files ?

Or may be that I'm missing something here ? should I check some preferences in order to read hexadecimal text or some other exotics language ? Anyway, Note pad ++ doesn't offer *dll files to open in the long list of the files you can edit ??

I'd be glad to receive some help..

Thanks in advance..

Anna T

Annna T

Well,
I've tried this, but I'm not able to find any meaningfull text.. I thought that dll files were executable, compiled files ?

Annna T
Ooops.. I should have tried harder.. If you are puzzled by all the strange characters, just insist.. the E-30 words are hidden somewhere and changing the first one was enough..

BTW, there are two files named ImgCoreDll.dll the second one is in the subfolder named WIC.. I didn't touch it..

Many thanks for the tip... I can now handle E-P1 pictures in C1.. That's great..

TIA Anna T