The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 image stabilization in viewfinder?

peterm1

I am using the E-P1 but don't see the effect of image stabilization in the viewfinder when focusing. I assume this is normal, correct?

ecsh

I do not believe the viewfinder is linked electronically to the camera, but i could be wrong. It was the same thing with the Dlux4 or LX3, just the viewfinder so you can see what is in the center of the frame.

nostatic

If you're talking about on the LCD, not sure about E-P1 but with other cams often having the IS work on the LCD is an option that can be turned on or off. I usually leave it off as you get quicker framing response that way. I don't need to see the IS work in the LCD, just on the resulting image.