The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First shots with E-P1

tom in mpls

My first impression of shooting and looking at the results, shooting with 17mm, is that jpg's are great. I always shoot RAW, but I might not with this camera. Colors accuracy is excellent. Also, the barrel distortion, easily evident as i shot RAW + jpg, is automatically removed in jpg which makes processing easier.

As an aside, I've always used zooms except for some shooting with the Canon 85L. I found that using a prime lens allowed me to compose and shoot much faster since there was no need to fiddle with the zoom first. I enjoyed that.

If interested, here are just a few pics taken at a local festival in an old river town nearby viewable at full rez. I have done some processing, mostly curves and some additional sharpening. I printed only one of them (my wife inside an antiques store; cropped for printing) and am extremely pleased. Keep in mind that I'm coming from years of shooting with 5D and 5D2, and I'm very happy with the camera so far.

This is the link to FULL REZ:
http://www.pbase.com/sparkytom/hastings_71809

Aw, I just saw that there's another thread for posts such as mine. Unfortunately, deleting this thread does not seem to be an option.

Last edited: