The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 Bag-Any Suggestions?

barjohn

There isn't much detail about or much of a view of the bags Olympus shows on their web site. I would like a bag that is small and slim, holding the E-Pq with the 17mm mounted in one partition and the 14-42 and FL-14 flash in another.

Rough dimensions would be 6" in height, 2" in depth and 6" to 8" in width.

Here are a couple of images of bags that might work. I would like to see what others have done to solve this issue.

Last edited:

Terry

I have the Terraclime 50, the one on the right. It is easy to put camera with zoom in bage. 17 will also go in but adding the flash it is going to start to get a little fiddly if camera is at the bottom and you want to get to it quickly.

I also have the terraclime 100 but it is better for camera and a few lenses.

barjohn

I found a nice holster in the holster that comes with the FL36R flash. It holds the E-P1 and the 17mm lens perfectly. Well actually it is a little long and could be shorter but other than that it works as a belt carrying case with a quick velcro flap for access. I then use a neoprene hand strap that is easily removable. I am heading out to the beach or I would post some pictures. Maybe this evening when I get back.

andrewteee

Right now I use the Bare Bone Bags and they work well. I have the small and medium sizes. The small should work well with the two stock lenses and flash. I also easily carry the E-P1 with 14-42 lens and a Zeiss M mount lens with adapter.

barjohn

Ok, today I picked up the Quantaray 436 and it holds the camera with 17mm perfectly for either belt carry or with a shoulder strap. Looks like a carrying case for a P&S rather than some fancy camera. Nice when you just want to carry the camera around for a quick shot and not make it into a photo journey with multiple lenses, flash attachments and spare whatevers.

barjohn

I purchased it from Ritz camera for $9.99. They show it as the AR 436 with interior dimensions of 3.14Wx1.57Dx5.5H. They show two numbers one is 44-166-3432 and the other with the bar code is 0 81097" 44343 " 7.

I hope this helps.

barjohn

Here are some images of the pouch with the E-P1 and 17mm pancake. I also show the hand strap. It is a detachable neoprene writs strap.

Last edited:

barjohn

I can't remember. I purchased it at Sammy's Camera in Costa Mesa about 4 months ago for use with the G1.

OK, John. The wrist strap. Which strap is that? I notice it doesn't have a metal ring which so many of the straps have.
I have one of these. Bought it years ago for my Canon G3, but now it works perfectly for my G1.

It´s an OpTech one; they come in dozens of varieties, colours & c. I think mine is this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/221927-REG/Op_Tech_USA_1803021_Cam_Strap_QD_Navy_Blue_.html

Browse the entire line on B&H´s web site, and see if you find a better one for you. For myself, I´ve never ever found any use for the Quick Disconnect feature; it´s just a potential risk point. But no accidents so far....