The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1: Sagrada Revisitada

Rawfa

Passed by the Sagrada Familia today and couldn't resist taking a couple more shots with the E-P1. I will only come to solid conclusions regarding this camera when Photoshop starts supporting raw. At the moment sometimes I'm really happy with it, sometimes I'm not happy at all.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Passed by the Sagrada Familia today and couldn't resist taking a couple more shots with the E-P1. I will only come to solid conclusions regarding this camera when Photoshop starts supporting raw. At the moment sometimes I'm really happy with it, sometimes I'm not happy at all.
These images are wonderful - the camera seems to be working well. I think mine may arrive tomorrow :clap:

Keith

stevem8

Again, these are superb! Mine just arrived today and posted a super brief 1st impression at my site. Prediction: This camera will become a digital classic!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Rafa - great images! You are really making this thing work well for you.

The colors are interesting. #4 above (the first shot of the Gaudi church) has strange colors. Did you happen to shoot in AdobeRGB color space? If so, be sure to convert to sRGB before posting on the web. If not, did you use one of the art filters to get that look?

Mike

Rawfa

Mike, you've nailed it! Someone told me to try AdobeRGB. It be one of the reasons why I'm no too please with some of the colors. I'm switching back right now. My main problem is the amount of grain I get while trying to post process jpegs in difficultly lit situations.

Terry

Mike, you've nailed it! Someone told me to try AdobeRGB. It be one of the reasons why I'm no too please with some of the colors. I'm switching back right now. My main problem is the amount of grain I get while trying to post process jpegs in difficultly lit situations.
Abobe RGB is good for colors you just shouldn't post on line using Adobe RGB, you need to convert back to sRGB. Not sure what program you are using but in Lightroom, after I'm done with the shot and am ready to export the file for web viewing to a jpeg, my export setting also converts it to sRGB.

Using adobeRGB for the web is telling the browser to use colors that "aren't available" and that's what makes it look strange.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Rafa - this second set of E-P1 photos looks much better to me. More crisp, sharp, and better colors.

How does it strike you now?

cjlacz

Those look fantastic. I can't decide if I want to upgrade my E-510 or go with m4/3s. These pictures make my decision harder. Great work.

Rawfa

Mike, I've tested A LOT of different work flows and then one day I've finally got my mojo back ;-)
I'm keeping it!

Rawfa

Those look fantastic. I can't decide if I want to upgrade my E-510 or go with m4/3s. These pictures make my decision harder. Great work.
If you're anything like me you'll want all the benefits of a DSLR in a small package that you can carry everywhere and that people won't notice. The E-P1 is a small gem (even though it's not perfect).

Rawfa

Thanks guys. I have to say that I was really sad that after waiting so long for a camera like this I wasn't being able to do what I like to do with it. She is a special lady and needs to be treated differently from others :)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Rafa,
It's very easy to understand why sometimes you don't like the camera. All one has to do is look at the images.....I mean afterall, with that kind of visual FREEDOM AND THAT IQ,
who wouldn't be upset....

geeze.........of course you don't like the camera...cause now you realize that you don't need the others that you have....
Sorry Rafa, but I like you have to suffer in luxury with the EP1.

don

Rawfa

Rafa,
It's very easy to understand why sometimes you don't like the camera. All one has to do is look at the images.....I mean afterall, with that kind of visual FREEDOM AND THAT IQ,
who wouldn't be upset....

geeze.........of course you don't like the camera...cause now you realize that you don't need the others that you have....
Sorry Rafa, but I like you have to suffer in luxury with the EP1.

don
:D Sarcasm is my just favorite type of humor...I deserve it, I deserve it...