More at: http://tashley1.zenfolio.com/p678397...2e6d#h109e2e6d
I'm enjoying the Pen and here are a few random thoughts:
* I prefer a wrist strap to the neck strap and have taken one off a GRDII.
* I normally hate Fun with Filters but I love the pinhole look and shoot it in camera using RAW + JPEG superfine.
* I have the white version with kit zoom and have never had so many people stop me and ask what camera I am holding. Not even with an M8.
* The Panny 45-200 is an amazingly good lens on this camera and for some reason I never really liked it on the G1.
* I shoot at ISO 200 as much as I can (base ISO, best DR)
* The metering is so good that you get to really use every F stop of dynamic range. There are other cameras with wider DR which end up with narrower DR because their metering is less good.
* After hours of early experiments with and without tripods, IS etc, I now leave IS on most of the time. I think that at speeds of around 50th to 200th it might sometimes introduce a small blur and if the shot is vital I turn IS off but below 1/50th it helps and above 1/200th it doesn't harm. But I do believe that the majority of soft shots on the camera are caused by shake, not poor focus.
* The implementation of MF for manual lenses needs a revision in firmware: it is really annoying!
* The implementation of My Mode on the Fn button needs a revision in firmware: it is really annoying!
* I'm keeping RAW copies of everything for later but for now the JPEGs are great!
* I now rarely use my M glass: there are too many issues with soft corners on lenses shorter than 50mm. But for a certain look I will sometimes use lenses of 50mm and longer but never against the light, where CA can become a real issue.
* I have a 5DII with me and have been using the Pen much more often. My sense is that for prints to about 20 x 14 inches you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference at ISO 200 (depending on lens) and that for some subjects I might even print to 20 x 30"
* Notwithstanding the above, there is sometimes a 'small sensor' look to the files and until I can play with them in a RAW processor I know, and look at some prints, I won't be able fully to work out when, why or indeed if this is really true.
I'm loving it. It is really rather cool!