The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax K E-P1 pics

V

Vivek

Rafa, The 57/1.7 picture is fabulous.

You can't do this with your DP-1, can you? ;)

Rawfa

Hahaha. I'm afraid not :)
I really wish there were more micro 4/3 options though. It's really hard to manual focus with this camera. And you have to dig deep into the manual for the manual focus optimization option.

Brian Mosley

It's really hard to manual focus with this camera.
I'm sure you're up to the challenge :D

Nice shots - the Hexanon 57mm f1.2 is my favourite portrait lens for 4/3rds and m4/3rds. Your first shot is coming close :salute:

Kind Regards

Brian

Rawfa

Thanks for the nice comments, fellas. I'm earger to get out of work at once to start shooting. Just 5 more hours...

Rawfa

Here are some more quick snaps. I'll try something more productive during the weekend.

24mm

50mm

Rawfa

These were all raw. I'm treating the images with Lightzone but it's really weird because when I open them they're super dark and when I export them to TIF they come up with a reddish color. I'm really hoping PS will support the E-P1 soon.

V

Vivek

but it's really weird because when I open them they're super dark and when I export them to TIF they come up with a reddish color.
Try a different metering mode in the camera and or increase the exposure times. The overly red seems to indicate underexposure. If you treat the cam like a "P&S do everything yourself camera and give me the image camera", then that is all it would do.

P

panzerneo

I have a Pentax 77mm f/1.8 limited that's gathering dust. I used to shoot with it on my old 1976 MX, until I turned digital on 2007.

That should be an interesting one to test on the e-p1 with image-stabilization... I don't have the e-p1 yet, but has anyone tried this combo already?

It is by far my favorite Pentax lens. I found its color rendition to be stunning.

Last edited:
D

daggerlee

Try a different metering mode in the camera and or increase the exposure times. The overly red seems to indicate underexposure. If you treat the cam like a "P&S do everything yourself camera and give me the image camera", then that is all it would do.
I think this might just be because the E-P1 isn't fully supported by the RAW developer yet...