The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 at high ISO

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I've just processed my first E-P1 raw image using Graphic Converter

I'm impressed with the high ISO performance, which seems much better than the G1. Ken Tenaka mentioned this in his review.

Zuiko 17mm, 1/80s, F9, ISO 1600

Keith

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Keith,
True enuff... I find that iso 2000 is the top
end before you need noise reduction.
I think it will be better when ACR comes
along with the update.
But 2000 ain't hard to take at all...
Don

Photomorgana

Thank you Keith.
Great news for humanity, bad news for my wallet :)

I wanted to wait for second generation of Oly-pen with EVF, but I dont think I can wait. Luckily my girlfriend loves white E-p1. :)

scho

I've just processed my first E-P1 raw image using Graphic Converter

I'm impressed with the high ISO performance, which seems much better than the G1. Ken Tenaka mentioned this in his review.

Zuiko 17mm, 1/80s, F9, ISO 1600

Keith
I agree Keith. Blew a lot of hand held shots today trying to get by at lower ISO (IS on, but not that helpful for shaky hands holding a camera out in front with no support) so I switched to auto ISO and my in focus hit rate went up without much additional noise. Here is one at ISO 1250: