The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1: fresh painting

Rawfa

Quick portrait...of my girlfriend's stubbornness about painting her fingernails red (I hope she never visits this forum, after all the times I've used her as my guinea pig for new cameras and said "No honey, I won't post this one")

kevinparis

Rawfa

what ISO was this at?... The noise seems really bad on the lefthand side... and don't think the sharpening applied by this site has helped at all

Rawfa

I've actually added a bit of grain, as well as small tones of yellow and blue to come up with this look. I've edited this photo on my laptop and the lcd is not the most reliable. I'm going to check it out on my desktop to see if I can see what you mean, because right now it looks like what I wanted it to look.

kevinparis

OK... here is a screen capture of the area as seen on my Macbook Pro. It is pretty noticable.

K

Last edited:

Rawfa

This looks more like compression artifacts to me than noise (it actually looks more like grain). Anyway, this is just a low quality heavily compressed jpeg for the web, not a pro version for printing or for pixel peeper. I'm 100% happy with the results and if you read my post you will see I'm pretty intolerant noise wise.

kevinparis

Rafa

As long as you are happy then that is all that counts.. but thought you should be made aware on how others are seeing your pictures... Just so people don't start getting the wrong opinion about you or your camera

best wishes

K

V

Vivek

Rafa

As long as you are happy then that is all that counts.. but thought you should be made aware on how others are seeing your pictures... Just so people don't start getting the wrong opinion about you or your camera

best wishes

K
I second that.

Rafa, Why not just use the as shot jpgs until you get the hang of RAW processing?

As Mike has pointed out a few times,
remember to change the profile to RGB colorspace before posting for online display! :)

Rawfa

This was plain jpeg using RGB colorspace. I'm looking at it from my work pc and I still like it and still cannot see this "This shot has the most noise i have seen yet with this camera". I gotta say I'm really happy with the look.

jonoslack

Rafa
she looks lovely . . . . those eyes!
I also think the shot looks fine - grain is good (sometimes at least). It's a pleasure to look at.

JBurnett

The first shot is lovely and whimsical, and the second shot is beautiful.

On my monitor: In your first shot, there is a definite pattern happening in the "grain" look closer to the corner (where Kevin has indicated). Look at it at 200% or higher.

See the following thread:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8155

Last edited: