The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wide conversion

P

patbon23

i'm italian and i don't speak english very well,ì.

I have Pana G1 and 14-45 kit lens, occasionally I got panoramic pictures but 14mm x 2 = 28mm, I don't have much money to spend at the moment:cool: I would like to buy a wide conversion, it's a good idea?

thanks

pellicle

Hi

I must confess that I don't understand what you've said, as I don't know what such a wide conversion kit is, but presently I use stitching to get wide. I often rotate camera on side to take 3 images

LLL => 4000 high x (less than) 9000

rather than

WW => 3000 high x (less than) 8000

unless you are trying to consider using the 14mm lens on a 35mm camera

G

Gato Amarillo

Don't expect much in the way of image quality, but they can be fun to play with. I have a couple of cheap fisheye converters I sometimes use for special effects, but not for anything that needs to be sharp.

With these cheap converters it all depends on how well the optics work with your brand and model lens. You never know what you have until you put it on your lens and try. At best, it may be decently sharp at the center with blurring in the corners. At worst the image may be so poor the camera can't find focus.