The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Have you dinged or nicked your E-P1 yet?

D

daggerlee

Put a 1 cm long ragged scratch in the bottom casing of mine today, to add to the little ding also on the bottom casing. Seems its made of very soft metal :( be careful if you wear metal strapped watches!

Terry

I put a scratch on the lcd. First camera to get a scratch such as this one. I have now used the same screen protector on the E-P1 that I used on the iPhone (cut down to size).

S

simplebot

I have a few scratches on the frame around the LCD from lying the camera down on a brick to do a long(ish) night sky exposure, and the little bump feet on the bottom of the cam are worn down to shiny already. Bound to happen.. I worry about the LCD though. My ricoh GRD had a piece of polycarbonate that I cut cover and protect the screen from any bumps, I'll probably have to do the same to this one. I just cut it big enough to overlap onto the surrounding frame and then double side tape stick it to the frame. Prevents scratches and impact breaks if you are the type to carry your cam everywhere.

I

Irwell

The LCD and case on my Sony W300 is holding up quite well,
but the selector wheel is showing wear to the extent
that some function symbols are illegible. I have given
the camera a lot of use(maybe abuse) since buying it.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Put a 1 cm long ragged scratch in the bottom casing of mine today, to add to the little ding also on the bottom casing. Seems its made of very soft metal :( be careful if you wear metal strapped watches!
I dropped mine from about a meter. It hit a concrete step. The damage is a tiny ding in the top (about 2mm across). I think it is a bit soft.

This camera is slippery, you have got to have a strap on it.

Keith

D

daggerlee

Put some more small scratches on the bottom again. A leather half case is probably a good idea if you want to absolutely protect it from scratches.

durrIII

It's a camera not a Ferrari! Of course, I have a nick or two. But, I would like a case when they come out with one.

K

ken

I've already dented the bottom plate on both corners! I then plopped it into my bag with a notebook and the notebook ring easily scratched the top plate... it's definitely not as robust as older film cameras i've used. The coating easily scratches and i already have bright marks on some areas around the LCD after a few days of light use... that part was a bit disappointing. But like you guys said... it's a camera, not a ferrari... but would've been nice if they used a harder metal or a tougher coating.

Cases are still around $180+ japanexposures has a nice handmade leather. For now, black tape protects mine :-D