The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

cars at altitude

nostatic

Up in Big Bear Lake on vacation and turns out there is a car show at the hotel.

Sensor torture conditions - high noon sun, 7K' altitude and shiny paint. Interesting to shoot back to back with K20d - the EP1 is very fun to use.

and one from the K20d

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Nice details. The second Pontiac is my favorite.
How was focusing with the lcd on the E-P1 in those harsh conditions? (I took mine to a parade over the weekend and really struggled seeing the lcd in the bright sun.)

nostatic

It's not bad. I use S-AF with single/center point and in good light I let it do the work so I just need a sense of framing. The downside is that I'm starting to get to the point where I need reading glasses and sometimes the LCD looks fuzzy. That is one good thing about a viewfinder...

One good point noted by others is the incredibly wide viewing angle. Tonight I was shooting and holding the camera over my head and I could still see the framing.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
My favorite thing about the Oly's (including the E3 that I had) is the way that they render color...especially blue sky and green grass.

Lili

One good point noted by others is the incredibly wide viewing angle. Tonight I was shooting and holding the camera over my head and I could still see the framing.
That is my favorite thing about live view, and the biggest reason i am considering the ep-1 so much.
These are lovely shots BTW, I see the differences, I think, in the way each sensor draws and handles colors.
One big reason I keep both my Pentaxes and the eVolts; it is nice to have that choice in color palettes ;)

nostatic

I am finding the E-P1 to be a bit more "immediate" with the colors and has a nice grit at higher iso. The K20d otoh is smoother and a bit more "dark." I like both in different ways. Of course I'm also shooting raw with the Pentax and in-camer jpg with the E-P1 (using Aperture) so that is part of it, but there still is a difference in the look/feel of the files.