The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Subject, abstraction, and bokeh.

Michiel Schierbeek

What's not clear and obvious tickles one's imagination, that is why out of focus backgrounds can be so important to a photograph.
It works great for the more commen subjects like portraits and flowers but how does it work with other subjects. The suggestion of what is happening often intriques more then a sharp fact.
I must admit; it sounds like a studyassignment but that is due to a part of my professional deformation. :LOL:
Could be anything, if you have examples you like to share please post them here. (In this case
Here is an example of what it could mean.
Michiel

- In the clouds - G1 + Pentacon 50/1.8​

Diane B

Thank you Jonathon for your comment!
It was shot on a fair in Amsterdam with an E-300.
You can always send me a message and may be we can work something out.

Kind regards, Michiel
I have to guess that there are lots of perhaps window reflections? Makes for an interesting image. I have a few like that (well, not LIKE that--but with window reflections making it difficult to work out context, but that's the fun of yours).

Diane

Michiel Schierbeek

I have to guess that there are lots of perhaps window reflections? Makes for an interesting image. I have a few like that (well, not LIKE that--but with window reflections making it difficult to work out context, but that's the fun of yours).

Diane
It was a very busy and crowded environment at the time with indeed a fair amount of reflections through all the glass of the the different fairground tents. I had to shoot with lots of DOF, otherwise focussing anything would have been hard.

If you can come up with an(y) example(s), in this respect, from your recources, it would be much appreciated.

Did notice the party going on about your contributions on the other forum; very nice to see, and you deserve it :)
Greetings, Michiel