The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leitz Photar lenses: Any way to make em work?

Just a wild-hare thing here. I ran across an ad for a pile of nice micro/macro gear, and saw these lovely little lenses, that look just like all the other tiny little lenses you guys are bolting to your 4/3rds wonders.

I don't have either a suitable camera or a photar lens, but I wonder if there'd be any way to get one of these little guys (like the 25/2 or the 12.5/2.4) to focus at infinity on a 4/3 mount of some sort.

Probably got some pretty nice glass in there, huh?

RichA

Just a wild-hare thing here. I ran across an ad for a pile of nice micro/macro gear, and saw these lovely little lenses, that look just like all the other tiny little lenses you guys are bolting to your 4/3rds wonders.

I don't have either a suitable camera or a photar lens, but I wonder if there'd be any way to get one of these little guys (like the 25/2 or the 12.5/2.4) to focus at infinity on a 4/3 mount of some sort.

Probably got some pretty nice glass in there, huh?
25mm seems good. Don't know about the 12mm but you'll need some kind of focusing device to use them on the camera, or you'll have to move the camera to focus them. Novoflex and some other companies make focusing rails (X-Y axis) for tripods you can mount cameras on for macro work.

V

Vivek

Both the 25mm and 12.5mm lenses are in RMS thread mounts. A c-mount to RMS thread adapter is available (google). You do need a focus mount. The 12.5mm won't get you infinity (25mm is likely, but I am not sure).