The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1...What colour do you have?

J

JayCee

Almost certainly going to be buying an E-P1 :thumbs: but I am torn between the silver or white version...which one do you have?
Just wondering what the most popular version is on here?

John

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
I have the silver one....it's great for me as I always liked my Leica's in silver also.
The 17mm is also silver so it matches nicely....it's not like jewelry so it's doesn't really matter, they all work great...

tom in mpls

White! I don't know what's most popular with buyers here, but I say get the white one. That's what I have. Everyone who sees it loves it, and so do I. It's different. In a good way! I read a post somewhere that called it "girly". I laughed. I don't know what that means. Is that a bad thing? I know people who want to buy it just because it looks great. I think one should have a better reason, but some people...go figure.

tashley

Subscriber Member
White! I don't know what's most popular with buyers here, but I say get the white one. That's what I have. Everyone who sees it loves it, and so do I. It's different. In a good way! I read a post somewhere that called it "girly". I laughed. I don't know what that means. Is that a bad thing? I know people who want to buy it just because it looks great. I think one should have a better reason, but some people...go figure.
I never thought I'd own a white camera but Tom is right. I have never (and this includes Leica gear) had so many people say, what's that camera, it's soooo cool.

J

Jeff Laitila

Silver - Bought it used, and that's the color they happened to have. Thinking about getting the after-market skins to tone it down and make it look more retro.

K

krohmie

Silver/black, with the black lens.

Looks great and the JPGs are nearly perfect.

Annna T

I have a white one. I didn't really choose : it was the only model the shop had at the moment (a demo-model in fact; Olympus delivered white models first, as if they wanted to test the reaction of the market to this color).

Given the choice, I'm not sure what I'd have done. I like the white body, but find that the plastic/silvery tainted kit zoom is not such a good match to it. The black neckstrap denotes an unfinished design (and I'm not ready to cash almost 100.- $ for the white leather strap). I wonder how my black MF lenses will look on it (still waiting for the adapter), probably not a very good looking combo..

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I have a white one. I didn't really choose : it was the only model the shop had at the moment (a demo-model in fact; Olympus delivered white models first, as if they wanted to test the reaction of the market to this color).

Given the choice, I'm not sure what I'd have done. I like the white body, but find that the plastic/silvery tainted kit zoom is not such a good match to it. The black neckstrap denotes an unfinished design (and I'm not ready to cash almost 100.- $ for the white leather strap). I wonder how my black MF lenses will look on it (still waiting for the adapter), probably not a very good looking combo..
Vivek painted his 17mm black using fibre pens. Maybe he could tell us how to paint the kit zoom white?
Monza does these repaints on cameras, he might have an idea?

Keith

O

OzRay

Mine's silver, but I wish they'd brought out a black body option as well.

Cheers

Ray

gDallasK

Mine's silver, but I wish they'd brought out a black body option as well.

Cheers

Ray
Mine was silver - but thanks to Aki-Asahi's newly applied leatherette, it's now black and looks much better. And nicely sets off my dark grey Panny and black Leica and Voigtlander lenses.

Regards.

PeterB666

I have the silver body with the black zoom. Quite happy with that asthetically but the matal body does show the fingerprints around the base of the lens.

J

JayCee

Thanks to all who contributed.
I've got a white one on order...with the 14-42mm zoom, 17mm pancake and viewfinder, flash and MF2 OM adaptor, no half measures for me :D

I'd never seen an E-P1 in the flesh until yesterday...I went shopping with my wife to Glasgow and spotted the "silver" version...(brushed or stainless steel is how I'd describe it) with black 14-42mm tethered to a tripod in Jessops camera store...I had a good look at it and lifted it but was expecting it to feel heavier than it is. I couldn't spend too long handling it as I spotted a shop assistant looking at me thinking no doubt that they'd maybe meander over and make a sale...little did they know I've already ordered one elsewhere.
I think I've made the right decision going for the white model with the "silver" zoom.

I'm getting it delivered to my hotel in Orlando, FL and it should be waiting for me when I arrive with my family on 11th Sep for a 2 week holiday...can't wait. :thumbs:

Last edited:
E

E-Pen One

I like it in silver; not white - too much like the sterile Apple look for my taste.
But I really like this the best!

Very well made, easy to apply, and not too expensive.
Google: Aki-Asahi:)

E

E-Pen One

Even though I prefer the silver (stainless steel) version, I think the white, probably, is very appealing to many people.
I have received many compliments on my E-P1. People are attracted to the clean, compact and non-SLR, non-plastic design. I could very well decide to remove the leatherette kit in favor of the stainless-steel finish, because of the striking contrast to traditional camera design.