The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fujinon-tv c-mount lenses?

M

MrAdrenalin

Hi again Vivek,

What c-mount adapter would you recommend for the fujinon 50mm f1.4 TV-lens? I also have a Computar 25mm f1.3 that I need to get an adapter for so any suggestions before I order them?
I got the computar after seeing your inspiring photos with the said lens. :)

Magnus

V

Vivek

Magnus, The RJ adapter. It has the most accurate c-mount registry of all the adapters I use. Only, with the Computar 25 and the Fujinon 50, you need to adapt them to get the infinity correct.

Those c-mount lenses that will mount without modifications (unless they need adjustment) would fit directly and ready for use from the first minute.

RichA

Magnus, The RJ adapter. It has the most accurate c-mount registry of all the adapters I use. Only, with the Computar 25 and the Fujinon 50, you need to adapt them to get the infinity correct.

Those c-mount lenses that will mount without modifications (unless they need adjustment) would fit directly and ready for use from the first minute.
As long as the edge of the back of the lens is narrow enough (to fit into the milled inset in the adapter) or the c-mount itself is narrow and long enough so that does not become an issue. The wider (10mm and under) c-mount CCTV lenses all seem to fit because they are physically small, but beyond that, the lens diameters increase and that is where you run into trouble.

Hacker

Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they good lenses? Specifically thinking the 25/0.85 looks interesting.
(that 5.6mm rear protrusion is worrisome!)
My other Fujinon lenses in LTM are stellar performers. I assume the f/0.85 TV lens will be just as good. Have sent the lens for modification and will report back.

R

robertro

This is an old thread, but......did you ever get this lens working/modified? I'm looking for an excuse to buy one!

V

Vivek

I posted some sample shots with the 25/0.85. Circular images, even upclose...

V

Vivek

The coverage is about the same as that of the Canon-TV 25/0.78.