The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help me find a certain wrist strap for E-P1

tom in mpls

Recently I was surfing and stumbled on a link to a wrist/hand strap that would be great for the E-P1. This strap was shown in 2 sizes, with instructions to measure the size of one's hand in order to choose the correct size. The strap held the camera in the hand so one would always be ready to shoot. My current wrist strap is longer; the camera dangles out of my hand if I let it go. But I can't find that link! I don't recall where I saw it. It was not one of those big velcro jobs that is sold on eBay.

Can someone direct me to this item again? It looked promising.

tom in mpls

Thanks, guys. Maybe I was hallucinating, but the one I recall is rather short so that the camera is kept almost in one's palm.

wjlapier

When I had my G1 I found a P+S handstrap for a Panasonic camera that worked great. The strap was short enough to keep the camera right at the palm of my hand.

I don't use it anymore--send me your address and I'll throw it in tomorrow's mail--two stamps at the most.

The other strap I tried was Luigi's handstrap--looks similar to the one from Zhou in one of the posts above. I didn't like the way it twisted around to hold the camera. The Gordy's look nice, but have never used one, so can't comment on how it "feels".

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
1+ for Luigi's. His stuff is the best.
He now has different ways to attach to the camera.
I'm using his braided neck strap. It can also wrap around the wrist to hold it that way.

Www.leicatime.com

shooter

P

PeterLeyssens

Tom,

I have a Gordy's strap that's made for a camera with a tripod mount on the left side (old Leica). When I screw it into a camera with a centered tripod mount (E-420), the camera fits exactly into my hand, as you mention it. The quality of the strap is incredible and I very much recommend it.

If you look at http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/wrist-tripod/index.htm you will see there's the "regular" and "long" versions for both center and end mount. That's 4 lengths of the same strap !

Peter.

Thanks, guys. Maybe I was hallucinating, but the one I recall is rather short so that the camera is kept almost in one's palm.
Maybe you mean Lutz Konerman´s SLING? I´ve had one for my Digilux 2 for years now, and I can´t image anything better for that camera (loook at my avatar).

Sadly, the ergonomics of my other cameras (D-Lux4 and G1) aren´t compatible with the Sling; otherwise I´d order 2 more right away. No idea how it would work with the EP1. After all, it was designed mainly for the Leica M cameras.

L

loa

Maybe you mean Lutz Konerman´s SLING? I´ve had one for my Digilux 2 for years now, and I can´t image anything better for that camera (loook at my avatar).

Sadly, the ergonomics of my other cameras (D-Lux4 and G1) aren´t compatible with the Sling; otherwise I´d order 2 more right away. No idea how it would work with the EP1. After all, it was designed mainly for the Leica M cameras.
I use one I made with my ep-1. Webbing, split ring =$3.00, Le Hook = 20. ripped a tripod screw out of a dead tripod. So easy! And adjustable in length, because for carrying I want it tight under my arm, and for shooting I want a lot of play. It also has a fastex buckle so i can slip it off under a jacket.

And this way you can choose what your webbing looks like :)