The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Underwater housing for G1?

Tim Ernst

Anyone have experience with, or know of an underwater housing that would fit the G1/GH1, probably with just the 7-14 lens? Just something that could go down to 10' in shallow pools and not for scuba diving, even a soft variety of case but the ones I know are too small.

Tim Ernst

There is nothing listed there, and Ewa-Marine does not list G1 for any of their bags that I can tell, but I assume this little camera will fit into some of them - I was just asking if anyone knew of any models of this or any other brand underwater housing would fit the camera. Thanks...

m3photo

Re: Ewa Marine

There is nothing listed there, and Ewa-Marine does not list G1 for any of their bags that I can tell, but I assume this little camera will fit into some of them - I was just asking if anyone knew of any models of this or any other brand underwater housing would fit the camera. Thanks...
The link I posted sends you to Ewa Marine's page that opens after selecting a camera model - it seems to revert to 0 after being inactive for a while, as many search pages seem to do.
This:
http://www.ewa-marine.de
will obviously take you to their home page. Please look to the left where you'll find a link that says "find a housing for your camera" - shouldn't be too hard typing in Lumix G1.
You did in fact ask for, and I quote:
"Just something that could go down to 10' in shallow pools and not for scuba diving, even a soft variety of case but the ones I know are too small."
According to Ewa Marine, the model you need is the U-A: (for the moment) this the link:
http://www.ewa-marine.de/index.php?id=83&ca=&ra=&ext=&model=Panasonic DMC-G1&L=0
As far as HARD underwater housings, for the moment no-one has made one specifically for this model AFAIK.

Tim Ernst

Guess I'm just a dumb-*** as you have pointed out - when I typed in Gh1 into their search engine it showed nothing. Thanks for your help...

I'm still wondering if anyone has used an underwater housing with the G1/GH1? Thanks for any info...