The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon lens adapter

M

mtwo

I just purchased said adapter from Jinfinance and it arrived today. It was shipped from a US address but no matter. The adapter fits the camera just fine but the release pin which is necessary for taking the lens off is very stiff and I had some doubt that I would be able to release the lens I had attached. Finally a sharp whack from the handle of a heavy letter opener did the trick. Point of this post being that you might want to make your Nikon adapter purchase elsewhere. I am going to continue to use this as a need arises and see if it loosens up over time. It does work it is just not the smooth action you should expect. John

LisaR

I just got mine as well and the pin was not stiff but the lens was very tight on the adapter and needs a good turn before it will come off..probably a similar issue.

sc_john

For sake of comparison of alternatives.... I have a RayQual Nikon adapter, and it works fine. No issues at all.

John

m3photo

Re: Jinfinance

Point of this post being that you might want to make your Nikon adapter purchase elsewhere.
Or, as Rong Jin is really quite an understanding guy, send him an email with the complaint and he may substitute it for another one free of charge. He did so in my case with an LTM adapter that didn't quite make it to infinity with my CV Nokton, even going so far as to let me keep the first one which is fine apart from that.
An intelligent move on his part of course, prompting me to purchase several other bits and pieces from his extensive list, none of which have given me any further problems.

M

mtwo

Ok, here we are a few days later and the adapter has had some use. I am pleased to report that it now behaves itself quite nicely. I have tried a couple of Nikon lenses, a 75-150 which is kind of fun but difficult to use and the 40mm Voigtlander which I purchased from Cameraquest some time back and have used on my D Nikons. The 40 works extremely well. Easy to focus and a relatively small package when mounted. John