The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Legion of Honor-San Francisco

LisaR

I went to the Legion of Honor today and thought I would share.

Thanks for looking:D

These were with the Lumix 7-14

These with the Nikon 35 1.4 AIS

and as a bonus this couple was doing a photoshoot on the front lawn so I used the Oly 70-300 to catch a few

ZoranC

Beautiful pictures Lisa. Ladies in # 2 gave what would already be nice picture special feeling.

andrewteee

These are great. Wish I had time to make a day of SF museums. And I wish that Panasonic 7-14 was more easily available.

LisaR

Thanks Andrew. I bought it from a guy on ebay in Japan, and it only took 4 days to arrive. It is really worth the price for me.

slosync

Nice pictures Lisa... The colors really pop with the indians and the #2 picture with the 7-14 has a great perspective. I have an exposure question for you on the #2 picture. How did you manage the wide dynamic range with the sky and the buildings? Was it an overcast day? I don't know how I would have been able to get a shot liked that without a gradient ND filter.

Cheers,
Don

LisaR

Nice pictures Lisa... The colors really pop with the indians and the #2 picture with the 7-14 has a great perspective. I have an exposure question for you on the #2 picture. How did you manage the wide dynamic range with the sky and the buildings? Was it an overcast day? I don't know how I would have been able to get a shot liked that without a gradient ND filter.

Cheers,
Don
Thanks Don..it was overcast and foggy..in a few of the shots you can see the heavy fog in the background. To increase the contrast in the buildings a bit I use Nik Efex and a filter called tonal contrast.

Leica 77

I went to the Legion of Honor today and thought I would share.

Thanks for looking:D

These were with the Lumix 7-14

Hello LisaR,
I used to visit the Legion of Honor in the City. It is indeed a beautiful place. The perspective that your superwide zoom produces is priceless. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Terry

Lisa - I'm a bit late to this thread. The second shot is my favorite. Really enjoyed it. You missed bright blue skies by one day. Saturday it was unbelievably nice in that area. Sunday I think the marine layer never cleared in most of the city.

LisaR

thanks Leica and TEB. Yeah it was cold and ugly Sunday I am hoping for a little better luck this weekend but I hear we are in for a cool down