The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Computar 12.5mm lens 'rattle'?

T

thearne3

Hi,

I recently took delivery of a Computar 12.5mm f1.3. I have the RJ Camera c-4/3 adapter and will need to grind/shave the base of the lens to fit. As it is, it only focuses to about 3'.

My concern is that the lens appears 'mint', but when it's shaken, it sound like something is moving inside. This sound is muffled at f1.3 and quite a 'rattle' at f16 or 'C'.

I can't really tell if the optics are affected without going ahead and grinding the lens.

Is this normal? or is it defective? It's not a big investment ($35), but they're getting a little harder to find at this price level...

Thanks!
Tom

V

Vivek

These TV lenses have components (glass elements/groups) that are screwed and fastened with a glue. Over time, heat affects that glue and it they come loose.

No, it is not normal and it is defective.