The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OMD gold award at dpreview

paparazzi666

Hi Jono,

No, I do not have the C-V 25/0.95. I am mighty interested in the 17/0.95.

There is a rumored upcoming 35/0.95 from China (see: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/sony/36883-china-35-0-95-a.html).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cor blimey.... I love the 35mm focal length (meaning 70mm) for m43. I am pining for my 75mm Summilux of old, mounted on my m6. Today the 35mm f1.2 Voight is an absolute cracker but it doesn't focus close enough. From the sample pics it looks sharp or at least at the center. And the bokeh looks bokehlicious as they say. Cor will someone start a thread on this so we can track this thing? I am not an expert at forums. Right now I am using a made in China c-mount 35mm f1.7 lens. It is fun but can be reasonable sharp. You can see it here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paparazzi666/7201543040/in/photostream

Last edited:

Godfrey

Cor blimey.... I love the 35mm focal length (meaning 70mm) for m43. I am pining for my 75mm Summilux of old, mounted on my m6. Today the 35mm f1.2 Voight is an absolute cracker but it doesn't focus close enough. From the sample pics it looks sharp or at least at the center. And the bokeh looks bokehlicious as they say. ...
My lingering bits of FourThirds gear include the E-1 and both a Zuiko Digital 35mm f/3.5 Macro and an adapted Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8. They're what I use most on that camera now, 35-40 mm just works so beautifully on it.

It's surprising to me that Olympus hasn't offered a 35mm f/2 or f/1.4 for the M.Zuiko line yet. 45 is nice but a little long.

paparazzi666

My lingering bits of FourThirds gear include the E-1 and both a Zuiko Digital 35mm f/3.5 Macro and an adapted Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8. They're what I use most on that camera now, 35-40 mm just works so beautifully on it.

It's surprising to me that Olympus hasn't offered a 35mm f/2 or f/1.4 for the M.Zuiko line yet. 45 is nice but a little long.
-------------------------
Hi Godfrey, I have the Hexanon too. It's so cheap and very good. But it's not like a 0.95. I love my 25mm 0.95. To me it's a cracker for such a high speed lens. I know some people who have that mounted permanently on their m43 camera... like this lady..
hello hyperfocusing! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have a set on Flickr with the 25mm Nokton here...
Flickr: Please wait...

The other option is the 40/1.4 of the old Olympus PenF or the 42/1.2 PenF, but these lenses are now way way too expensive on ebay, and just a bit too long, with a stronger tele compression effect. I find the 70mm full frame tele gives a more normal perspective, it can even look like a 50mm, just tighter and fatter bokeh. I really am interested in this China lens. Hope it's affordable.

Godfrey

Hi Godfrey, I have the Hexanon too. It's so cheap and very good. But it's not like a 0.95. I love my 25mm 0.95.
The other option is the 40/1.4 of the old Olympus PenF or the 42/1.2 PenF, but these lenses are now way way too expensive on ebay, and just a bit too long, with a stronger tele compression effect. I find the 70mm full frame tele gives a more normal perspective, it can even look like a 50mm, just tighter and fatter bokeh.
I had the Pen F 40/1.4 at the same time as I had the Hexanon AR 40/1.8. The two lenses are nearly identical twins with regard to rendering qualities ... I sold the Oly lens because I could use the Konica on both FourThirds SLR and Micro-FourThirds where the Oly was only usable with the mFT mount. I wish Olympus had made a fast 35 to 40mm lens for FourThirds SLR, just like I wanted a fast 17 to 19mm lens as well. But they didn't, and I doubt they ever will. The Summilux 25/1.4 ASPH (FT SLR) is very nice. The wonderful 14-35/2 is just too big, heavy and expensive.

I don't know how a 70mm lens can produce a look that's shorter than a 40mm lens..? doesn't make sense. The Olympus Pen 70mm f/2 produces a beautiful look, however, with a bit of compression and a very nice feel. Used that one quite a lot with the G1.

Given Micro-FourThirds and a choice between the Summilux 25/1.4 and Voigtländer 25/0.95, it's a bit of a toss up. Both are excellent lenses, I've seen a lot of work with both of them. Now that Voigtländer has made a 17mm f/0.95 as well, I'd probably buy both Voigtländers and stick with the Konica 40 and Pen F 70 mm if I were buiding up a Micro-FourThirds kit again. That way the camera works the same way with my entire lens kit, rather than one way with the normal and a different way with the other lenses. Makes for fewer mistakes.

Fun stuff. I enjoyed my Olympus and Panasonic FourThirds and Micro-FourThirds gear, and I still enjoy the E-1, although I use it rather infrequently at the moment. Too many other things are keeping me busy.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Oh boy, that was a not a smart read for me because he is one of the few reviewers I pay attention to. I guess I just decided to get back into mft. Thanks for the link anyway :grin:
Do not worry, happened to me same way without that review.

And this time I am really convinced of m43 and especially of the OMD!