The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portraits of Your Gear

Nathan W. Lediard

I love my Rolleicord... my first TLR, the negs from this little beauty are wonderful... last time I took her out though the shutter stopped working... :(

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Another shot of 3 of my TLRs.. Taken with my now sold 300f2.8L (you see i can get rid of stuff)

Nathan

An extremely nice collection you show us here . :thumbs:

But . . . if you want to get rid of (sell) all these beauties , you will need plenty of time .

A beauty from my HASSELBLAD collection here .

View attachment 69945

I am the second owner of this camera set .

Nathan W. Lediard

oooh, very nice hassy indeed! :)
Thanks, glad you are enjoying them :) Got my large format stuff to post yet :D
Not planning on selling any of my collection right now.. I sold alot of my lesser used EOS stuff to help finance the H4D-40, just kept a basic kit with some good L primes as back up to the DigiHassy.....

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Nathan

To fully appreciate all your wonderful ladies , you should have posted one image per day . That would have increased the tension .

Nathan W. Lediard

My Shen Hao 4X5, sold this one, great camera, well built but just didnt get uses as much as I would like... The crown grapic used to take this shot got used more amd is still in my collection and in use! :)

Godfrey

Whew, Nathan! That's one heck of a collection of cameras! Very nice indeed.

My current small obsession is this 1941 Robot II:

It's a neat little lump of clockwork and metal that feels right and does its specialty very nicely.

These are a couple of snaps of the original 1938-1939 brochure for the Robot II that a fellow Robotnik sent me:

Fun stuff! :)

G

jotloob

Subscriber Member
SPORTSFINDING with HASSELBLAD .
Looks very curious , but works if you are fast enough to follow the scene .

4season

I swapped cameras with a buddy: He got my Pentax Q + 8.5mm lens, and I got this Olympus E-P1 + 17mm pancake. I think I got the better deal!

BANKER1

Some time ago my daughter-in-law, a lawyer, called me and asked if I had any interest in some old camera equipment her father bought while in Korea. She said she was going to give it to Goodwill and asked if I might want it. Of course, I am always interested in camera equipment, so I said, "yes". The attached photo is what she gave me, and, at the time, I had no idea what it was. Soon I found out and am keeping it for my grandchildren when the get old enough to appreciate it.

Greg

Last edited:

Shashin

Greg, that is a pretty amazing find--those Korean camera companies sure knew what they were doing. I hope your grandchildren can appreciate it. I work with college students and a photography teacher once told me that when she showed old film cameras to her students, they were simply disinterested. But when she showed them an old digital camera, that were just blown away. Now, that does not mean we don't have students working in film, but their baseline knowledge and experience with film cameras are very different.

I guess what I am saying is if your grandkids don't get it, I am willing to help you out--what are friends for?

BANKER1

You are absolutely right. They (two boys) may be better off with the funds from the sale of the equipment in their college fund. Who knows!

Greg