The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Leigh

Re: One Last Streetcar shot..... narvelous

I am not always obsessed with a photo looking like a photo. In fact, some of the best "photo-art" that I have is a derivative of a photograph like this one.
I won't call this a photo because it's not, although it's derived from one.

It's art, in the finest sense of the term. Very very well done.

- Leigh

Two From Austin, Texas: Golden Hour & Blue Hour

I spent most of this weekend in Austin, Texas for a racing event. To be honest, my heart just wasn't into the racing. I was more interested in photographing the skyline of Austin during the golden & blue hours.... so here you are.

Taken with the Pentax K5 IIs and the DA* 16-50mm.

Golden Hour: 1/250s f/5.6 ISO 200 Handheld.
Blue Hour: 1/15s f/4.0 ISO 400 Handheld.

Re: One Last Streetcar shot..... narvelous

I won't call this a photo because it's not, although it's derived from one.

It's art, in the finest sense of the term. Very very well done.

- Leigh
Thanks, Leigh. Some of the better looking images I have matted and framed are of this nature.

Knorp

Wonderful images, Jim.
I'm genuinely amazed you can pull this from the K5 and the DA16-50 !

Kind regards.

jonoslack

A genetic thing: that must be it ... :)
However, being Dutch, I'm quite fond of British comedy series.
Actually, I think this is true for the majority of the Dutch.

Kind regards.
Hi There Bart
This is everything to do with genetics.
Having invaded England so successfully and peacefully in 1688, you are of course the cousins of the forebears of all the british comedy actors.

Simple really :chug:

Knorp

Hi There Bart
This is everything to do with genetics.
Having invaded England so successfully and peacefully in 1688, you are of course the cousins of the forebears of all the british comedy actors.

Simple really :chug:
I'm baffled, but do you mean the Raid on the Medway in 1667 ?
Where we took us a little souvenir ?
:D

All the very best.

Last edited:
Vladimir,

I like the tonality and I do like the photo.. can't really say why other than it is a bit different than what we normally see here. Different is good, yes?

tsjanik

K-5 with 8 element 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar at f2.8

Taken last summer; really tired of winter.

Last edited:

Knorp

K-5 with 8 element 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar at f2.8

Taken last summer; really tired of winter.
Me too, desperately started shooting my Amarylis (Hippeastrum) ... :eek: :) :rolleyes:
All the best.

|Pentax-A SMC 50/1.2 |

Last edited:

nikonf

Re: One of the shots I wanted to get...

Stunning image...............Love the atmosphere!
One of the shots I have always wanted to get was one of the New Orleans streetcars in fog at night. The first night I arrived in New Orleans there was patchy fog along the Mississippi River bordering the French Quarter... I got lucky. This is one of several shots taken over a period of about an hour and a half. The cars only run every fifteen to twenty minutes or so. I had to wait on the cars and only had a few seconds as each passed... but it was worth it. I had to shoot at a high ISO due to the low light and the need to capture the streetcar without motion view.

Pentax K5 IIs DA* 16-50 f/2.8 ISO 3200 1/100s

tsjanik

A sycamore aside a vineyard. The tree can be quite striking, but I have never been able to capture it on film (oops, old habit!). Anyway this is as close as I've gotten.

Tom

_IGP1097 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Re: Fun with the Pentax K5 IIs - Cajun Queen

Took this one in New Orleans and am just now getting around to it. Pretty little Cajun Queen all decked out for Fat Tuesday. K5 IIs DA* 16-50mm Post in Photoshop CS6.

And one more.....

Last edited:

Knorp

Took this one in New Orleans and am just now getting around to it. Pretty little Cajun Queen all decked out for Fat Tuesday. K5 IIs DA* 16-50mm Post in Photoshop CS6.
Hey Jim,

excellent, the photos I've been waiting for all the time ... :)
Hope you have some more for us in store.
btw - Are 'Mardi Gras' and this 'Cajun Queen' from one and the same event ?

:OT: finally scored a DA*50-135 (s/h)

All the very best.

Hey Jim,

excellent, the photos I've been waiting for all the time ... :)
Hope you have some more for us in store.
btw - Are 'Mardi Gras' and this 'Cajun Queen' from one and the same event ?

:OT: finally scored a DA*50-135 (s/h)

All the very best.
Congrats on the new lens. I have that one as well. Love using it.

Both of the photos were taken in the French Quarter on Royal Street on Fat Tuesday.

If anyone is thinking of going to Mardi Gras in the future you should always plan to be there on Fat Tuesday. That is THE DAY to be at Mardi Gras. That is the day that you find the most costumes, parades, brass bands, Etc. Always a wonderful time in the Big Easy.

K5 IIs and The Tiger Woman

Here's another shot taken at Mardi Gras. I run into this woman every year and every year she has a different costume. This year she was a Tiger Woman Warrior. Love the K5 IIs.. so much detail. DA* 16-50mm