The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

cjlacz

I've been lurking for about a year, well posting a little. I've been kind of afraid to post anything being a complete amateur, but with the 4/3s forum back I thought it would be a good time to contribute something and hopefully get me motivated again. These are some pictures from the E-510 my brother brought me when he visited. I had the camera for a week at this point. All with the kit lenses and various PP in Aperture. Still not really sure what I'm doing, so these might be a bit over done.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
No matter what experience level you are we all where a at one time new to photography. What counts is it get's you motivated to go out shoot and learn. In the process of that you have fun and bottom line that is what photography should be is something you enjoy and have fun with. Your post should be a wake up call to many people, never be afraid to post and have fun here. This is a site designed to learn and share and as co-owner of this site, It will always be that kind of place. I hope your posts inspires the folks that read and that do not post to get involved more. Like they say there is never a dumb question. Well there is never a bad image that you can't learn from. Okay that got my engine roaring this morning and only 2 espresso's . Hmmm maybe i need three. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

kweide

Hi cilacz,

i realy hope you dont mind. I took your pic3 and removed the ropes and the plasticbottle in the background, added a little more punch and a frame to it.

How do you like ??

View attachment 9768

kevinparis

cjlazc

as everybody has said .. dont be afraid to post photos here... people here are kind and helpful

Like kweide i took my fav picture of yours and spent a couple minutes doing an alternative version ... the way I would have worked that picture

basically i cropped to have a more 'rule of thirds' look... then i added a vignette... this almost always makes a picture look that little more special... well it does to me :)

have fun... listen to everyone and then do what you think looks right.

There are no right and wrong answers

K

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
cjlacz,
Your photos are very nice. I like this original better than the punchier version. Kevin's crop is beautiful, too, but I would clone the bottle out and leave her hand in. I guess we all have different ideas...horses for courses and all of that. Keep up the good work and keep them coming.

cjlacz

Thanks for the kind comments! Nice job removing the ropes and bottle. Unfortunately I don't have Photoshop, nor do I know how to use it. :( The little bit of 'punch' you added does change the feel. I'm not sure which I like better, but I'll have to play around with it some.

I like the crop. I have a bad tendency to put everything in the middle of the image.

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

N

nei1

You can see that everyone has different ideas as to how a photo should look,there is no right and wrong,just what looks right for you.The beauty of digital is that its cheap,get yourself elements or similar, put an image in and keep going until it looks good to you,thats it,its free,enjoy yourself,all the best,Neil.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks for the kind comments! Nice job removing the ropes and bottle. Unfortunately I don't have Photoshop, nor do I know how to use it. :( The little bit of 'punch' you added does change the feel. I'm not sure which I like better, but I'll have to play around with it some.

I like the crop. I have a bad tendency to put everything in the middle of the image.

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.
May want to look into getting Photoshop elements to get started , not very expensive but still has a lot of tools. Even Iphoto with a Mac is not bad

Guy Mancuso

Klaus that look on your wife looks very dangerous. I can read right into that and it says i will own this car. I see that same look on my wife when in a shoe department. Good luck trying to say no , It won't work. LOL

Nice color too.

sinwen

cjlacz,

The GIMP is a free software and it doesn't give much to Photoshop really. Few years back the interface wasn't very intuitive to say the least, today it is a very different beast worth a try.