The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

28mm F2 : first sample pictures

iiiNelson

I also would like to invest in some loxia, 28mm, etc but with the Sony next to come new bodies I just don't know. Imagine the new pro body is near perfect but in FA mount !
Most of us will be teased by an Exmor 50mp with strong AF and mirrorless pro body...
For once I'll try to have a bit of patience.
I kind of plan on buying the A7RII and the A9 (or whatever they call it) as my two bodies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I also would like to invest in some loxia, 28mm, etc but with the Sony next to come new bodies I just don't know. Imagine the new pro body is near perfect but in FA mount !
Most of us will be teased by an Exmor 50mp with strong AF and mirrorless pro body...
For once I'll try to have a bit of patience.
Myself regardless of what the A mount is . Im not in the market for it. Ill just take the A7r replacement. Sure i would like a 50mpx cam but Im okay with 36mpx too

iiiNelson

Me too... I think the lenses are actually coming for the FE mount and it looks like Sony is sticking to the three different style bodies (balanced performer, high MP, and 4K) with regular updates to each.

I think the updates to the bodies will get on a slightly faster than normal pro schedule once they are to a certain level of refinement... Possibly even consolidating the 4K and High MP body down the line. That's just my wild prediction based on nothing. I'm hoping the Monochrome rumor is true though... I prefer that to even the high MP sensor but I would actually prefer it in a FE pro body.

V

Vivek

I know enough to say that everything is unpredictable with Sony. If only they will make a set of compact f2 primes, it would look good.

thomas

Can anyone already using the 2.0/28 post a 100% crop of the edges of a wide scene focused at infinity (for instance a landscape scene, horizon parallel... or almost parallel to the image plane) shot @f5.6 of f8 with the A7R?
Many, many, many, many, many thanks in advance!!! :)

V

Vivek

Can anyone already using the 2.0/28 post a 100% crop of the edges of a wide scene focused at infinity (for instance a landscape scene, horizon parallel... or almost parallel to the image plane) shot @f5.6 of f8 with the A7R?
I will see if I can find a link to one of the transfer site and will load a pic or two when I get a chance.

I think f/4 is the best aperture already. No need to go to f/5.6 or lower.

Annna T

DPreview has just issued a series of samples taken by the 28mm f2.0.

There are about 30 pictures taken with either the A7r, the A7 and the A7mk2.
There are some at infinite and smaller apertures. The lens isn't yet in stock here, but I just checked the price of the online stores and it is quite correct..

iiiNelson

This lens seems like a much more natural pair for the 55FE and most of the shots I've seen seem to exhibit quite a bit more character than the 35FE... Add to cart.

I can't lie... I don't expect them to be great but I'm half curious about the 21mm converter. It may not be THAT bad but I'm waiting to see more shots.

thomas

DPreview has just issued a series of samples taken by the 28mm f2.0.

There are about 30 pictures taken with either the A7r, the A7 and the A7mk2.
There are some at infinite and smaller apertures. The lens isn't yet in stock here, but I just checked the price of the online stores and it is quite correct..
GREAT! Thanks a lot!
I'll buy one :)

This lens seems like a much more natural pair for the 55FE and most of the shots I've seen seem to exhibit quite a bit more character than the 35FE... Add to cart.

I can't lie... I don't expect them to be great but I'm half curious about the 21mm converter. It may not be THAT bad but I'm waiting to see more shots.
I'm taking that combo to San Francisco tomorrow. Quick trip up to Sacramento but I'm going to snap a few frames. Between the two, you have primes to cover 28mm, 42mm, 55mm and 83mm, if you lean on APS-C mode.

V

Vivek

Yeah, who needs an optical converter when you can crop! One lens is more than enough. :)