The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

JimCollum

Gary

Your ANCHOR images are great .
Is the magenta cast wanted or just a result of a "wrong" profile ? ? ?

Regards Jürgen
No, those are the 'correct' colors. I photographed the images with the Betterlight without the IR block filter, then white balanced it for a grey card. Without that filter, the betterlight captures both IR and visible light, so the colors are changed, dependent upon the amount of IR light (less before the sun rises, more as the day goes on)

jim

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jim,
Lovely Images.
Angkor Wat is on my get there before I die list.
-bob

H

Hoang

JimCollum, those Angkor Wat photographs are amazing! It is truly inspiring. The merging of architecture with nature combined with the amazing lighting and unreal yet tasteful colors.

bensonga

Hello Gary

Thanks for your reply . In principal , I think print exchange is a good idea .
It shows us more from the work of other photographers .
I have only a very small room and any available room on the walls is filled with framed images .
And I have many images in folders which reside in drawers . And I think , it would be a pitty to hide any more images .
But I am willing to send some of my images , if the cost is reasonable .
Think of the calendar postage . But , there would also be the chance to send data via "sendthisfile" or an other carrier , and the receiver could print the image himself on his desired paper . Let me know more about the print exchange .
Hi Jurgen (and any others who might be interested in a print exchange),

I know just what you mean about having limited space. My home office is rapidly filling up with 6 years of accumulated prints, not to mention my equipment, printers etc. And certainly the cost of printing (paper, ink, postage etc) is not getting any cheaper. All in all however, I have learned so much from participating in these exchanges and have so many beautiful prints to enjoy now, that I will continue for as long as I possibly can. We have regular monthly participants from England, Norway and India and of course, all over the United States. Each exchange is limited to 12 participants (so you make 12 prints, send them to me, and I return 1 copy of your print and a print from each of the other participants).

Return postage from the USA to overseas locations is a very reasonable $12.45 USD (flat rate, Priority Mail), so the cost of postage is not so bad. The whole point of our print exchange is to see prints from other people, so sending a file to another person for them to print is not really what this is all about. If anyone is interested in participating in either in a B&W or Color print exchange, send me a PM.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Francois

What a great shot with a good composition . I believe , if the person would not be there , it would be a clean but "dead" image . So it is filled
with "life" . Thank you .
Unfortunately , I have no chance of such architecture , where I live .

Also I must say , I am fascinated by the truck cemetary images , posted by Jim .
These images show dead material , but are still full of life .
Who has produced the cars , who drove the cars and earned his income for his family , and who is now takeing these beauties apart , and earns money again ? ? ?
If that is not life , what else is life .
I have a great preference for junk yards and similar old things , not beeing used anymore .
A junkyard is unique . What you find today , will not be there by tomorrow .
A junkyard changes everday , but a cemetary of old trucks gives you peace and time to think about the past .

Francois_A

I believe , if the person would not be there , it would be a clean but "dead" image . So it is filled with "life" . Thank you .
Thanks Jürgen!

I waited a long time for that one person in the shot! There was either nobody or too many people.

Even with a view camera, "decisive moments" happen!

Regards,

François

jlm

Workshop Member
excellent shot.

what grabbed me first was how it looks so much like a computer rendering; must be the precision of the building lattice and shadowing

Francois_A

Thanks Rob and John!

The National Gallery in Ottawa is a fine piece of architecture. Here is a fisheye view of the outside. The guys in the foreground were taking out the spider's eggs to do some soldering on the metal mesh.

Last edited:
N

nautilus

This is one of the pics I like most in this thread. The transitions from focus to non-focus areas are very subtle. Everything in the picture looks 'smooth' and sharp where it should be.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hello John

You are showing great images here .
Unfortunately , I do not have such wonderful shooting places here .
But let me give it a try .
View attachment 13599

This image can only be taken in the middle of summer (time frame is two weeks at 19:00 to 19:45 hours local time)

jlm

Workshop Member
Jurgen: thanks. those were taken when i was a bit younger and in the thrall of edward and brett weston, ansel and fred picker. they scanned extremely well using the epson 700 and silverfast. in those days, black and white was the only practical way to go. it still looks luscious

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jurgen: thanks. those were taken when i was a bit younger and in the thrall of edward and brett weston, ansel and fred picker. they scanned extremely well using the epson 700 and silverfast. in those days, black and white was the only practical way to go. it still looks luscious
John

I am grown up with B/W and for me too , it was the only practical way , to produce images in my own darkroom . I do love B/W and many of my work is framed . Today I do B/W in my "lightroom" , not LR from Adobe .
Here an image I took last year . Due to protection works againt flooding waters , this place looks completely different now. But I have that shot .:)

View attachment 13633

Taken with HORSEMAN SW612PRO + APO GRANDAGON 4,5/55 + FUJI ACROS 100 + KODAK XTOL stock solution .

Lars

Studebaker (?), Death Valley, October 2006. Cooke XVa (front element) 646 mm f/16 on 8x10" Kodak E100G, Toyo 810G monorail on dual tripods. Drumscanned on my Howtek 4500.