I) The GetDPI Workshop Forums confirms your email adress upon registration. TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO AN EMAIL WE SEND TO THE ADDRESS YOU USE FOR REGISTRATION. This email is sent immediately after you register, so please make sure you have your spam filter set accordingly, and you should receive it within a few minutes after registering. You will not get approved until you reply to this email.
II) We use an automated SPAM filtering service now that checks your online activity for reports of forum spamming. We take spamming seriously here, so if you SPAM here we will delete your account and report your IP address, registration email and forum username to our anti-spam service bureau. IMPORTANT -- If your registration is not approved: You may get a rejection notice that says you are a spammer even though you do not believe you are. The most common reason for this happening is from using a work computer or other computer on a shared network where somebody HAS spammed. In this case the IP address you are trying to use is on the list and you will be denied. The solution to this is to log on from a different computer on a different network. The other reason which is not nearly as common but does happen, could be your email address looks suspicious to the anti spam software and you get rejected. In this case try using a different email address. Regardless, do NOT send an email to admin asking why you are being rejected -- these will be ignored. Instead, if after trying the above options you still feel you are being rejected erroneously, then contact me at THIS EMAIL and tell me your story. Be sure to include your real name, an email address that confirms that name and your date of birth -- at that point I may decide to to set your account up manually.
III) Once you are approved, you will be on automatic moderation for your first several posts. This is a second tier of SPAM and flood control. Moderated posts do not show online until they are manually approved by a moderator. The approval process may take as long as 24 hours or possibly longer if we are on a workshop with sporadic internet access. Note that if your first post goes to the B&S, it is automatically moderated and will not show up immediately. Please DO NOT repost hoping to see it, as they will all be moderated. First posts to regular forums are moderated based on key words and word strings, so may or may not be placed in a moderation queue depending on content. Again, if you do not see it show up immediately, you can assume it is in the moderation queue. Check back in a few hours and your moderated should be visible.
IV) GetDPI.com does not sell or otherwise distribute the email list of our membership. We do send occasional Admin emails to all members, usually special announcements about our workshops or other site promotions. You can set email preferences to your desired level in your User Control Panel.
V) This is a public forum and by participating here you agree to use it at your own risk. Any post made, including image uploads, becomes immediately available to the general public in addition to the registered membership. This means any post can be IMMEDIATELY read, copied in whole or part, or otherwise utilized in a variety of forms, legally or illegally, by anybody with internet access. As such, GetDPI has no control over how posts or excerpts therefrom may be utilized once a post has been made, assumes no liability for any posts made and offers no protection against such actions or use of posts by the membership or the general public. You agree that once you post something here you consider it fully public, unprotected and for the most part un-retractable material as soon as you post it.
VI) All threads, posts and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views, beliefs or opinions of the forum owners, operators or administrative staff.
1) Keep your discussions polite, fun and on topic. In short, act like you would at a friend's dinner party. Arguing, rudeness, generally poor or negative behavior will be dealt with at moderator discretion as they see fit. This may result in the offending post(s) or entire thread(s) being deleted with or without explanation, and/or the offending poster(s) being banned or having their accounts suspended or erased. Note that broader topical and emotional latitude is tolerated in the "Sunset Bar" forum, but decisions on thread or post appropriateness remain at moderator discretion there as well.
2) Feel free to post images in your threads, in fact we encourage it!
3) Any post or contact deemed inappropriate or "SPAM" is subject to immediate deletion, along with the original poster's account and without warning or explanation.
4) Pointing to services or products on your own site are considered in the same light as SPAM by many, so we do not want direct linking inside posts at GetDPI. You may post links to third-party articles, posts or even products that you feel are relevant to the GetDPI community. You may place information about your own site and/or products and services in your signature. We realize this is a "gray area," and while we believe the majority of our members will not abuse this, the moderators have full discretion to delete, edit or ban as they deem appropriate.
5) Buy & Sell or FS and WTB. Note that implementation of the new B&S has eliminated the need for a lot of the policing we had to do with the old B&S, so now some things are different. Basically anything you want to sell can be listed here, including commercial equipment and services. However, we expect ALL items or services to be clearly labelled in the ad topline. If we have problems here, we will delete and ad without comment. Also, you can have as many ads running at a time as you want. In fact, you can even link to anther site you're selling from if you desire. That's about it. Photos of your gear are of course fine to include and in most cases will help the item sell more quickly. As always, GetDPI.com site owners make no warranties or guarantees about the veracity of the posters or accuracy of the items listed for sale. Furthermore, by using the B&S you agree that the USE OF THE BUY & SELL FORUM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
6) Commercial Vendor Sales and Services. Commercial dealers, vendors and reps may post any sale notices, special pricing on photography-related equipment, seminars or services in the new B&S section.
7) Reserved for future use ~
8) Reserved for future use ~
9) Reserved for future use ~
10) If we ever feel the need for more than TEN rules, we'll start making the previous NINE more restrictive instead.