The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax T2 viewfinder help

J

John Rodgerson

Hey,
I'm really interested in 35mm compact cameras at the moment and have recently bought a Contax T2. Im really enjoying the results of it so far but finding it really hard to get used to the viewfinder compared to my DSLR and another camera I use, the Yashica T4.
My problem is that the viewfinder has a 'crop' area which really puts me off my composition. My other cameras are much like a 'what you see is what you get' kind of viewfinder. I don't have horizontal or vertical lines on the Contax T2 to help with framing, only four corners which I am finding really hard to get used to!
If this is normal, excuse me and ill try my best to get used to this new format but please share with me anyone's experiences from switching!
Thank you!
John