Got an idea and think this might be fun - already posted this on couple Leica forums and decided to open up the project for getDPI as well.
I have a old Canon SLR - T70 and a 50mm 1.4 lens. All manual. All worth the magic sum of 50 or 60 bucks.
Everything is in pretty much ok condition and I looked at it the other day and its not used for ages ( years actually ) . For film stuff I use my Leicas. For SLR stuff I use my D2h.
What if, I thought, if I the little old camera can travel the world ? And we see it ?
The idea is simple : a person receives the camera, put a roll of film of their choice, develop it and scan it. Then he pays the shipping and send it to the next user which does the same.
Film can be any of your choice, problems with customs should be ZERO since the camera + lens value today is worth around 40€ or something, so negligible.
I will put a map with a trace of where the camera is going and where it traveled from where to where and create a flikr group to share the pictures.
Its just a fun project.
So basically people will have to :
- buy the film
- shoot the film
- develop and scan the film
- upload to the flikr group the images
- box and pay the shipping to the next user
This is the camera ( although its a picture from KenRockwell site ) :
What you guys think ?
Few things :
- only people that are getDPI members for more than 60 days are eligible
- only people with more than 40 posts are eligble
- people must be willing to pay the shipping of the camera with tracking number
Who's in ?
Please reply saying :
Name, Country of Origin
So I'm IN !
( already have around 10 people from UK, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Australia, Japan, USA so the little girl is going to see the world all right... )
Few rules :
- top 3 photos to be uploaded to flickr
- only this lens and this camera ( no swapping )
- film either b/w / slide / negative - your choice
- home developing and home scanning 100% ok
- you can only keep the camera for 7 to 10 days then must pass it on
- you must pay for tracked shipment