The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wow.

T

tokengirl

I just received the Canon EOS 630 that I ordered from KEH. Their description of "Like New" sure was accurate. "Never Taken Out of the Package" would have been even more accurate. Keep in mind this is a model that was discontinued in 1992. I think it was $94.00 well spent.

I quickly ran a roll of Ektar through it to test it out with an assortment of lenses and dropped the film off at CVS. I haven't had time to scan much yet, but so far I am impressed.

This was taken with the Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG HSM wide open. This just might be one of the nicest AF lenses ever that you can buy brand new for $500.00. Bokelicious indeed!

I always try to give Jasmine first dibs when testing out new camera equipment. When she sits still. :D

Leigh

Jasmine appears totally unimpressed with your new toy. ;)

Pretty dog.

Congrats on the latest acquisition.

- Leigh

mathomas

Beautiful. Gotta love that Ektar color. If I shoot color -- it's Ektar. I love when you post pictures of this Weimey. Reminds me of our old boy (long gone now). That Sigma does have some buttery bokeh. I have a Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro in Canon mount that is also very nice.

I think we have an EOS 630 sitting around somewhere (with the crappy kit zoom). I've been thinking of donating it to the Film Photography podcast.

Lars

The Sigma 50 is sweet, isn't it? :) If you are aware of its limitations (mainly visible coma in corners against a dark background wide open) it's hard to beat when it comes to out of focus creaminess. It's also razor-sharp stopped down, but most 50mm primes are.