The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just Purchased Bronica GS-1

rollsman44

I cant believe I bought a MF film camera. I shoot with a Canon 5D MK 2 and purchased a GS-1 for my portraits. I used a Hassey for 30 years and went Digital 3 years ago. I cant wait to get it tomorrow, 12/17/10 from KEH.
I ordered the 150 lense and 120 back and AE Prism finder. I ordered 3 rolls of film Fuji 400H amd kodak ektar 100. I will send them to be Hi res. scanned from North Coast labs. I will try to figure out how to post them . Any suggestions? thanks rollsman

Congrats- a wonderful camera with great lenses, and all priced very reasonably.

Remember to read about the sequence for shutter cocking-lens and back removal, to keep it in proper sync. Mirror lockup is pretty straightforward. If you don't have the manual, I think there is one on the Butkus site. If not, send me a PM and I can email you one.

rollsman44

Thank you. I ordered the manual with the camera. I will read what you had sent me to be aware of. I have to try and rethink how to know the f stop when using fkash. With digital I have the LCD monitor to see what I have. I hope its the same.( I have a flash meter and regular meter for available light. thanks, rollsman

S

SML

I have just go hold of a Bronica GS-1 kit. Interested in your experiences and maybe share notes :)

Cheers

Steve