The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

120 Film

Anders_HK

Yes, i was thinking Velvia 50 for landscape, and when it gets darker, using Provia 400x.

For B/W a lot of people talk about FP4+. So i think i'll give that one a try.
Provia 400X is good, but cost more... not the cooler slight bluishness of Provia 100, but not saturation and color shift of Velvia 50.

T

tokengirl

For B&W film, it sort of depends on how you plan on developing it. Are you developing it yourself? What developer? Or, if you're taking it to a lab, what developer are they using?

R

Ronan

Not developing myself, don't have the room anymore, already got a workbench for my prop making hobby, another workbench for my model kit hobby, don't have room for another one for developing :p

So it will be done at labs, idk which one, been looking for good one's for the past couple weeks.

For medium format, I use a Yashica D twin lens reflex and a Koni Omega Rapid 6x7 rangefinder. I shoot mainly one thing with 120 - landscapes. Preferred film of choice is Velvia 50. Though Provia 100F is very nice too.

The image below was shot with the Koni Omega Rapid. Film stock was Velvia 100 (I would have preferred the 50 but the original version was discontinued around this time.)

[/url][/IMG]

I submitted a 20 x 30 inch print of this image to an exhibition and it won Second Prize in it's category, and also sold. A pleasant surprise - I certainly didn't see that one coming.

segedi

I tend to like negative film better for positive when it comes to scanning. I've had a hard time with the latter. Latitude fo neg film and scanability really make things easier for me.

Portra 160VC (I have 10 rolls of the new 160 on the way!), Hasselblad 503CW with 80mm CB and extension tube.

Ektar 100, Bronica RF645, 65mm lens.

Kevin
flickr

N

nacspics

[/url][/IMG]

I submitted a 20 x 30 inch print of this image to an exhibition and it won Second Prize in it's category, and also sold. A pleasant surprise - I certainly didn't see that one coming.
Wow, what shot. This detail is fantastic.
Congratulations for the prize. :thumbup: