The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I'm in love!

photoSmart42

Just took out my new-to-me F5 for a spin last night (still waiting for my lens boards to come in for my 45N-2), and it was magic! I can't believe how smooth and stable and fun to use this camera is! Put a roll of 400 T-Max and went out around the industrial district at night. This thing focuses in near complete darkness, and fits my hands perfectly. Coming from a Canon F-1 it's not even a contest. I bet I gain at least one stop if not more because of the stability of the body and the smoothness of the shutter. I coupled it with a 50/1.8 I just picked up the same day.

Pics coming as soon as I get the roll developed and scanned. Can't wait!

HenryFool

The F5 is a beauty, I've got one that looks like it's been through wars but it's so smooth, fast and reliable I love it! It's my last remaining SLR and it's a keeper :)

Godfrey

Felt the same way about my now long-departed F3/T + MD4, before that the F2, before that the F. The Nikon F bodies are all fantastic pieces of equipment. :)

Enjoy it!

Texsport

I use my F5 for portraits, sports, and bird watching.....all my AF lenses. I use an F4 for the MF lenses.

The F5 is built like a tank, and I really like the feel of a substantial camera.

Texsport

photoSmart42

Here are some shots from my first night out with the F5. Shot on Kodak 400 Tmax and lab scanned (haven't had time to scan them myself yet).