The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Silliness for today: Hasselblad 110mm planar on 4x5

Jeremy

Wanted something around a 35mm f/2 on 4x5 with a coupled rangefinder.

The Zeiss Planar 110mm f/2 i s ~36mm-equivalent. Covers a 4" square at infinity once I took out the baffles in the back. If I cut the back of the lens off I can actually get all the way out to 4x5, but... :eek:

This makes me want to find a Zeiss 350mm f/4.... :cool:

SergeiR

Hmm.. 110mm - 60+ degrees? Are you sure?

Not picking , just curious.. I guess i need to try and see if 80/1.9 mamiya sekkor will cover 4x5.. Most likely not, but hey.. ;)

Jeremy

I guess i need to try and see if 80/1.9 mamiya sekkor will cover 4x5.. Most likely not, but hey.. ;)
If not 4x5, I know it covers 6x6 and probably 6x7 - sharp in the corners? Pffft, that's not what we use these lenses for anyway! :salute:

Anders_HK

The 110/2 is a Zeiss Planar, for 4x5 there is the used Zeiss Planar 135/3.5... not cheap ... but reputable character...

... or Schneider Xenotar 150/2.8... that too not cheap ... but reputable character...

Regards
Anders

Jeremy

Hmm.. 110mm - 60+ degrees? Are you sure?

Not picking , just curious.. I guess i need to try and see if 80/1.9 mamiya sekkor will cover 4x5.. Most likely not, but hey.. ;)
I'm full of ****, that doesn't make enough of a difference. The big thing is you're thinking of what Zeiss says the image circle is--THEIR usable circle is a different definition than my usable circle because I don't need sharp corners by any means -- I'm into this for the character.

SergeiR

The 110/2 is a Zeiss Planar, for 4x5 there is the used Zeiss Planar 135/3.5... not cheap ... but reputable character...

... or Schneider Xenotar 150/2.8... that too not cheap ... but reputable character...

Regards
Anders
Meh.. I have 2.5 and 3.5 - 160-180mm petzvals for that range ;) Granted - they need shutters to be used on anything but speedgraphic, but hey.. For artsy portraits i'd take them any day over the Zeiss. And for "sharp" uber ones - there are other lenses. I have issue with Zeiss lenses anyway... Never truly liked them ;) Xenotar i'd get , to compliment my 100/2.8 but i think chances of me finding it for any sensible money are slim to none. So that will wait till other day ;)

SergeiR

I'm just up in Denton, once I get all the kinks worked out you're welcome to give it a shot!
Thanks Jeremy, i just tried it. Interestingly enough - Mamiya 645 mount is very very nice fit for Copal #3 hole on Technika boards.

It (80/1.9 Sekkor) "almost" covers 4x5 wide open. Should be ok for 2x3 i guess. May get around to make lensboard for speed graphic (i got old one, so wooden 4x4s , made out of plywood work like magic), and play.

R

richard.L

nice look to it.... hassyflexaplungerish...
I assume you can still use your Hassy 2* body..

sheet film does have great possible combinations, and big sheets are so much easier to work with than those Hassy cut film things :)

nice to see this here

richard. texas triangle.
// over 8000 miles in texas since arriving...

Jeremy

nice look to it.... hassyflexaplungerish...
I assume you can still use your Hassy 2* body..
yes, it's a medication requiring a jeweler's screwdriver and 3 minutes to put the baffle back in -- removing it had an effect similar to taking the baffle out of a Holga -- the edges went more smooth. I actually don't even have to put the baffle back on to shoot it on my 2000fcm, but will have a little more flare.

My 2* series body is actually dead after a friend loaded a roll backwards and ripped the shutter out so this is the only way I can shoot the planar!

R

richard.L

don't know if it will help, or if this works, but here is a link that may help.. or frustrate :)

http://www.broadpres.com/hb.pdf

he fixes? those delicate 'Blad shutters... many THicK fingered assistants got their walking papers just touching that thing...

richard.

anyhow, motherhood is the invention of necessity,,, isn't that how it goes.