The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji Pro 160S - Medium Format Film Problem. HELP!!!

haring

Hi!

I have tried to load my brand new fresh Fuji Pro 160S (220) Film into my Contax 645 MF camera. After the camera loads the film the viewfinder doesn't show anything. Instead of showing aperture, shutter speed, etc, the camera shows this: --- ---- --- and the 120 220 number alternates.... The camera has this problem only with the new rolls of this particular film. I have loaded other films into it afterwards and everything is fine....

Please help me? Is there any problem with the film or am I doing something wrong?

THANKS!!!

Professional

One Question, is that the problem occur on another 220 film as well or only this 220 Fuji film? The other film you use are 120 format?

I have this film got it free from USA when i was there once back in 2009, happy i didn't reject to take it out, i have few cameras that can take 220 with no problems [i didn't try any yet due to some reasons].

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
If you are using a film with barcodes and you do not have the pressure plate set correctly to 220 (in this case), then you will get the 120/220 flashing alternately. Have you checked to make sure that you have the pressure plate selected for 220? It might be that the other films you are loading do not have the bar code, so they are not causing the alarm for an incorrect setting.