The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

operate Hasselblad 205TCC without battery?

griffin

Hi everyone,
I just acquired an Hassy 205TCC, but not that familiar with it yet.

Can I operate Hasselblad 205TCC without battery in full manual, or it does require the little battery no matter what?

anyone has experience with it? :bugeyes:

griffin

also, does anyone know the difference between an E-Mag and A-TTC mag?
The only thing I can find now is that the A12-TCC doesn't have the slide pocket holder, but there should be more difference?

griffin

also, does anyone know the difference between an E-Mag and A-TTC mag?
The only thing I can find now is that the A12-TCC doesn't have the slide pocket holder, but there should be more difference?:confused:

Stuart Richardson

You can use the camera without the battery, but you can only use it in C mode with C, CT*, CF, CFi and CFE lenses in that mode. The mirror auto-return will not work either, so you will not get your mirror back in place until you advance the film. In other words, it will function pretty much like a regular 500 series camera.
As for the backs, as far as I know, the only difference in the A12TCC and the E12FCC is the darkslide holder you mentioned, and the age. The A12TCC is older. BUT, if you are talking about the E12 back, then there is a difference. Hasselblad made E12 backs for the 203FE and 202FA, and they do not have the zone system controls like the FCC and TCC backs. They still transfer ISO information, but don't have the zone system controls (which, honestly, I don't think I have ever seen anyone use anyway...I would just buy whichever was in better condition at a better price).

griffin

Hi Stuart, thanks much! That's really great answer.
(sorry was on a trip just just got back, wasn't able to reply earlier)