The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your first camera.....

N

ndt

My 1st camera was a Canon 5D mark I (with a 24-70L), I've bought it in 2008 that were a lot of money for a student, I've economized all my money to buy that one. I shot 2000 shots in the 1st month and about 30.000 shots in 3 years, after that I've bought many others analog cameras (Hasselblad, Rollei, Leica...)

Ron M

The first camera I bought was a Kowa, SET-r II. It was an interchangeable lens, leaf shuttered SLR. It took me through 2 years of college, before upgrading to a Miranda Sensomat!

Last edited:

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Samoca 35.
I still have one but not the one I got in 1959. Bought one on eBay a couple of years ago just for the ,memories.

Thorkil

Minolta SR-7 with Rokkor PF 55/1.8. Got it from new when I was 15 years old (just some 45 years ago...hhmmm). Wonderful kamera and lens. Still have it(lens just being used for looking at filmstrips).
Thorkil

etrigan63

Ny first camera was a Yashica TL Electro with a 50mm f 1.8 lens. It was well used, but no longer with me.

Shashin

Kodak 126 Instamatic. Two apertures and three focusing zones. The shutter went, "click." Those flash cubes were a trip. I developed the film in an Ansco tank and made prints with a Soviet suitcase enlarger. Not the greatest, but it did have one thing going for it that beat everything around--it was mine.

darr

Kodak 110 something, then a Polaroid Swinger, then my first real camera ... Canon AE-1!

Lars

Kodak Instamatic, I do not recall the model number but I remember it had two settings: Sunny and cloudy. I got it when I was eight or nine years old, I believe.