The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

m_driscoll

Really nice. I like the subtle tones. Excellent DR. (Thanks for the explanation above, BTW).
Lloyd: Thanks. It does seem to have a very good dynamic range. The colors seem really "life-like" (actually richer then life; but not over-saturated). There's clearly less ability to PP then a digital 18mb raw file; so, you don't. I think that's a good thing. It makes me rethink how i PP digital also.

Matt, Very nice. I really like what you are doing with the Porta.
Cindy: Thank you. So far, it, and the Ektar 100 are my favorite color films.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

leif e

Matt! I love those two - esp. the second. Technically wonderful, of course (and Portra IS nice), but the mood and life of the whole scene does it for me.

leif e

Maggie O

Three shots from a roll of Kodak BW400CN, shot with the M2 and 35/3.5 Summaron:

Minivan Of The Apocalypse, May, 2010

M2 and 35/3.5 Summaron with a deeeep red filter. Underexposed on Kodak BW400CN. Guess it's more than a two stop difference. More like three or four.

Tiny Amp Town, May, 2010

Scooter In Her Spot, May, 2010

Maggie O

From the M4-P with the 50/2 Jupiter-8 lens and Kodak BW400CN film, scans again by Walgreens, touched up in Lightzone:

Bagging The Greens, Old Cheney Farmers' Market, May 9, 2010

Wise Oven Bakery, Old Cheney Farmers' Market, May 9, 2010

Matt And Jen, Old Cheney Farmers' Market, May 9, 2010

Wise Oven Bakery, Old Cheney Farmers' Market, May 9, 2010

Wandering Children, Old Cheney Farmers' Market, May 9, 2010

m_driscoll

Happy belated birthday, Matt!
Three shots from a roll of Kodak BW400CN, shot with the M2 and 35/3.5 Summaron:

Minivan Of The Apocalypse, May, 2010

M2 and 35/3.5 Summaron with a deeeep red filter. Underexposed on Kodak BW400CN. Guess it's more than a two stop difference. More like three or four.

Tiny Amp Town, May, 2010

Scooter In Her Spot, May, 2010
Maggie: Thank you. Nice B & W. Minivan's very cool. Nice technique. Also like Tiny Amp Town and Scooter's always a photo treat. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com