The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

helenhill

Throwing us a WILD CARD Charles... Aloha :D

Loved the Lighting & Feel of this Lobby
unfortunately I did not have Color Film
and You would have seen a Beautiful 'Red Glow' on the back wall

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Beautiful... It looks like a solarized print or should I say Sabatier Effect. [SIZE=+3][/SIZE]

helenhill

LOVE IT CINDY
Great Shot & Great Atmosphere...
Is not Film so Incredibly Satisfying

(and even more so for me sometimes with its Imperfections)

How are YOU enjoying the Nokton 1.1;
Is it Easy to Focus ?
Which Film Did You Use ?

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Helen,
Thanks. I used Kodak BW400CN so that I could take it to a local lab.
I find film to be so much more fun. If I ever get the scanning down, I think I will shoot more film again. The warts make it interesting, digital perfection can be boring. I think that is why I like alternative lenses on digital. They sometimes have warts, too.
The Nokton is a very sharp lens with nice bokeh. The low-light capablility is great. I do not like the 1 meter close focusing distance. I wish I had my lux back:banghead:. Will I ever learn???

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Wow !! Great shot, Cindy !! I also very much like the atmosphere and the composition !

So ... how does the M4-P work for you so far ?
Gabor,
Thanks.
I have had a lot of M's over the years (M3, M6, MP, (3xM5)). This is my favorite because of the way it fits in my hand. (I did sell it to Woody at one point when I thought I would just use my Rollei for film, but Woody kindly sold it back when I realized my error.:p)

helenhill

playing with a version 1 / 50 Lux....
which is much softer than ver 2 BUT I think with more use
it might have MORE Character

A Honda

click on to make BIGGER