The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

jonoslack

HI There
Steve - the guy with the light and the surfboard is completely wonderful.
:clap::clap:
Oh Dear - I shouldn't be looking at these
:eek:

helenhill

while Having Brunch w/Cam,kevin & Eric over the Holidays....i got to Play with Cam's 1.0 Nocti
Cinematic Quality to slooow Film & fast Lems /M6ttl

Last edited:

helenhill

Cheers *.... Thank You Lloyd & Cindy

Cindy, I'm actually Interested in trying the 1.1 Nokton
I think YOU had one for a short time
sold it to mablesound (?)...should have GOT IT then from You

best to YOU Both !! :)

emmawest72

Helen - really wonderful tones. Instead of buying a nocti, I would get some handmade fiber prints. There's almost nothing nicer than holding a well done print in your hand.

M4-2/50mm/T400cn:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cheers *.... Thank You Lloyd & Cindy

Cindy, I'm actually Interested in trying the 1.1 Nokton
I think YOU had one for a short time
sold it to mablesound (?)...should have GOT IT then from You

best to YOU Both !! :)
Yes, I sold it to John, regretted it, and bought another. It is a lovely lens and serves me well. It is just not quite the same as the Leica, though.

Lloyd

Helen - really wonderful tones. Instead of buying a nocti, I would get some handmade fiber prints. There's almost nothing nicer than holding a well done print in your hand.

M4-2/50mm/T400cn:
What you say about a great print is certainly true, William. Lovely shot here as well, very classic and timeless.

emmawest72

Thanks Lloyd. I find that getting prints done or even buying a nice book ( I'm not talking about photo tech books but more photography/painting/drawing ) gives me much more than another lens.
I have the lenses I want for my photography ( one 35mm and one 50mm) and unless they break down I won't get any others as they won't help my photography. However, visual education will help my eye to progress as well as more film to feed my cams....:)

Cheers,

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks Lloyd. I find that getting prints done or even buying a nice book ( I'm not talking about photo tech books but more photography/painting/drawing ) gives me much more than another lens.
I have the lenses I want for my photography ( one 35mm and one 50mm) and unless they break down I won't get any others as they won't help my photography. However, visual education will help my eye to progress as well as more film to feed my cams....:)

Cheers,

Excellent advice!:thumbs:

jonoslack

HI Helen
What a wonderful splendid shot that is - really great.
I'm jealous of your trip with Cam and Kevin - we're trying to get over to France , but time is such a thing!

William - the guy with the cigarette is classic (I've been enjoying your flickr stuff too).

all the best

Lloyd

Cheers,
As Cindy says, this is excellent advice... some that I agree with, and don't follow nearly enough.

helenhill

emmawest said:
Oh WILLIAM ....long sigh
such straight Forward Common Sense ...YOU are soooo PURRfectly right !!!!
i'm now going to throw myself into finding out about doing
Silver gelatin on Glass....tres Artful approach
Thank YOU for some INSPIRATION ....

HEY JONO: Miss You and Wishing You the Very BEST !!

Stuart Richardson

Helen -- if you want to treat yourself to great prints, try Brian Young -- he is the head of black and white printing at ICP, and he has a lab where he does custom printing -- www.phototechnica.net. Since he is right near you, you may want to give him a try -- there are not many around who can make a better print.

helenhill

Helen -- if you want to treat yourself to great prints, try Brian Young -- he is the head of black and white printing at ICP, and he has a lab where he does custom printing -- www.phototechnica.net. Since he is right near you, you may want to give him a try -- there are not many around who can make a better print.
FANTASTIC, his website & services ...TRES COOOOL:D
Thank YOU Stuart !!!

Lloyd

Beautiful series, Jono. Nice to see you're still shooting film. I was afraid you'd given up on it.