The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

khc1013

Thanks Matt and Steve for the love. :)

here is one with 50 summicron velvia 50. not sure why it's a bit grainy at the shadow. Or it maybe a scanning problem.
2 of my friends made this installation piece along the mississippi river. I had to took some images of it for my friend's work. We left it there, it was gone the next day. :(
But here is a proof.

T

tokengirl

I like this. It reminds me of those little magnets with words on them. I had a set on my filing cabinet in the office, and people would come by and assemble naughty little poems. Good times.

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt and Steve for the love. :)

here is one with 50 summicron velvia 50. not sure why it's a bit grainy at the shadow. Or it maybe a scanning problem.
2 of my friends made this installation piece along the mississippi river. I had to took some images of it for my friend's work. We left it there, it was gone the next day. :(
But here is a proof.
Anthony: Nice. Velvia 50's a funny film. It seems hypersensitive to backlight. Every roll, i shoot's a little different. When you hit it though, it's really beautiful.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

khc1013

The make of "HOT TEA"
M6 50mm summicron
Fuji Velvia 50 converted to BW
He has been doing this for a couple year all over minneapolis.

mathomas

I continue to enjoy and respect the photography displayed here. Thanks for posting, folks!

I've started developing and scanning my own film, at home. Definitely a learning process! All following shot with Leica M2 and scanned with a PlusTek 7300 (good inexpensive film scanner, IMO).

Vina Bicycle
Zeiss 50mm Planar f/2
Plus-X, Diafine 3+3

Use Yer Heart
Zeiss 35mm Biogon f/2
Delta Pro 100, Diafine 3+3

Near Dark
Zeiss 50mm Planar f/2
Delta Pro 100, Diafine 3+3

mathomas

Thanks Maggie :)

I'm something of a bicycle aficionado, but I was more focused on the photo than analyzing the bike itself while I was shooting it. The bike is a curiosity to me. It seems of quality, since it has a very fancy head tube (where the logo/badge is) and a brazed on pump peg. It's old, and uses spin-off quick releases for the wheels. I can't find a reference "Vina" on the web anywhere, though.

rayyan

I have not visited this place for some time. The quality on display is stunning.

My apologies..It will take sometime to get thru all that is on show.

I went to Montreal in February. They said I was mad! Everything and everybody
goes underground.

Wrong! I knew somethings were overground and going nowhere. I had visited
them last year...

I took my MP with the lux 50 asph. I remembered what had happened last year. I was taking no chances.

Maggie O

Thanks Maggie :)

I'm something of a bicycle aficionado, but I was more focused on the photo than analyzing the bike itself while I was shooting it. The bike is a curiosity to me. It seems of quality, since it has a very fancy head tube (where the logo/badge is) and a brazed on pump peg. It's old, and uses spin-off quick releases for the wheels. I can't find a reference "Vina" on the web anywhere, though.
Look at that fork crown- it's a beauty, too! Long reach sidepull brakes; this could be a Rivendell or an 90's Bridgestone, it's so nice. It looks like Vina might be a Vietnamese company.

I love bicycles. Used to race and wrench on them, back in the early 1990's.

mathomas

Steve: Thank you! Yeah, I'm a sucker for street art, especially when piled-high junk is nearby :).

Maggie: Ahh, I see you're also an aficionado. I have two Rivendells, myself (QB and Bleriot). Yeah, those are ultra-long-reach sidepulls, looks like. Unfortnately, I was in "photo" mode, not "bike" mode when taking the picture, so I didn't look as closely at the components as I should have, or I'd be able to say more about this machine. The lovely bokeh of the Planar makes it near impossible to do after the fact :).

Interesting you found that site. Confusingly, though, it seems to be a demonstration site for some sort of shipping management software (that's my best guess, anyway).

Thanks for your comments!

Here's a digital (M8) shot I took alongside the film, so you can see the pretty color (which is what attracted me from the outset:

mathomas

I have not visited this place for some time. The quality on display is stunning.

My apologies..It will take sometime to get thru all that is on show.

goes underground.

them last year...

I took my MP with the lux 50 asph. I remembered what had happened last year. I was taking no chances.

These are really gorgeously gritty photos. Love the tones. What was the film and process?

Maggie O

Maggie: Ahh, I see you're also an aficionado. I have two Rivendells, myself (QB and Bleriot). Yeah, those are ultra-long-reach sidepulls, looks like. Unfortnately, I was in "photo" mode, not "bike" mode when taking the picture, so I didn't look as closely at the components as I should have, or I'd be able to say more about this machine. The lovely bokeh of the Planar makes it near impossible to do after the fact :).

Interesting you found that site. Confusingly, though, it seems to be a demonstration site for some sort of shipping management software (that's my best guess, anyway).

Thanks for your comments!

Here's a digital (M8) shot I took alongside the film, so you can see the pretty color (which is what attracted me from the outset:

Man, that is gorgeous! Both the bike and the photo. That Planar plays well with the M8!

I've got a Bridgestone MB-2 that I modded for racing and a Miyata 1400 road bike that I used to race, but both have been turned into less aggressive rides, as I'm a fat ol' broad now!

mathomas

Man, that is gorgeous! Both the bike and the photo. That Planar plays well with the M8!

I've got a Bridgestone MB-2 that I modded for racing and a Miyata 1400 road bike that I used to race, but both have been turned into less aggressive rides, as I'm a fat ol' broad now!
I'm sorry -- I should have noted this one was taken with the Zeiss 25mm Biogon f/2.8 (I'm a Zeiss guy, all the way ... well, except for an M-Hexanon and Nokton :)).

rayyan

Rayyan,,,Great Film! Nice To See You Here!
Steve: Thanks Steve. Indeed a small world my friend.

These are really gorgeously gritty photos. Love the tones. What was the film and process?
Mike, appreciate your kind words. xp2, rated at 400. dropped it at a local
supermarket--1 hr processing. Had a brownish tinge. threw a neutral silver efex pro at it.

Regards.

Maggie O

I
goes underground.

them last year...

Absolutely gorgeous photos. I especially like the middle one.