The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Lloyd

I have not visited this place for some time. The quality on display is stunning.

My apologies..It will take sometime to get thru all that is on show.

I went to Montreal in February. They said I was mad! Everything and everybody
goes underground.

Wrong! I knew somethings were overground and going nowhere. I had visited
them last year...

I took my MP with the lux 50 asph. I remembered what had happened last year. I was taking no chances.
These really are gorgeous, Rayyan. And I'm especially impressed now that I discover you shot with XP2. I have used that film quite a bit, and lately have had very inconsistent results. Great work.

Lloyd

Steve: Thank you! Yeah, I'm a sucker for street art, especially when piled-high junk is nearby :).

Maggie: Ahh, I see you're also an aficionado. I have two Rivendells, myself (QB and Bleriot). Yeah, those are ultra-long-reach sidepulls, looks like. Unfortnately, I was in "photo" mode, not "bike" mode when taking the picture, so I didn't look as closely at the components as I should have, or I'd be able to say more about this machine. The lovely bokeh of the Planar makes it near impossible to do after the fact :).

Interesting you found that site. Confusingly, though, it seems to be a demonstration site for some sort of shipping management software (that's my best guess, anyway).

Thanks for your comments!

Here's a digital (M8) shot I took alongside the film, so you can see the pretty color (which is what attracted me from the outset:

What a beautiful shot, Mike. Man, you are rockin' that Zeiss 25. That lens really sings on the M8, as you've clearly demonstrated here!

mathomas

What a beautiful shot, Mike. Man, you are rockin' that Zeiss 25. That lens really sings on the M8, as you've clearly demonstrated here!
Thanks, Lloyd. It's the best lens I have. I am constantly impressed with the quality it produces. I only wish it were a 2.0 :).

rayyan

These really are gorgeous, Rayyan. And I'm especially impressed now that I discover you shot with XP2. I have used that film quite a bit, and lately have had very inconsistent results. Great work.
Lloyd: Thanks. I find that a +1 or +1.5 overexposure does me fine with
the XP2. I prefer to rate it at box rather than at 200 or 250.

Thanks, Lloyd. It's the best lens I have. I am constantly impressed with the quality it produces. I only wish it were a 2.0 :).
Mike: It is a super lens. And you seem to be working it mighty fine.

Regards.

Maggie O

Some photos from the M2, loaded with Ektar and the 35/3.5 Summaron:

America For Sale, May, 2010

Pedestrian Tunnel, May, 2010

Flying Fledgling, May, 2010

Lower Dog Walk, May, 2010

City of Lincoln, May, 2010

Ektar is vexing. My next roll of the stuff is going in my F3, which has an excellent meter, so maybe it'll give me more consistent results than using the meter in my head with the M2.

Maggie O

Thanks, guys! When the Ektar works, it works well, but I'm never quite sure how a shot is going to look, especially WRT colors.

m_driscoll

Mathomas, Very Nice Set! Love the Bruce Lee Trash Bin!
Rayyan,,,Great Film! Nice To See You Here!
Mike: +1, Beautiful bike photo. Also like the dumpster/stacked chairs. Looks like you got the processing down.
rayyan: Very nice. The glaze of ice on the ships is great. Super pp. From your comment, i'm assuming the batteries in your camera last year ran out in the cold?

Steve: Thank you! Yeah, I'm a sucker for street art, especially when piled-high junk is nearby.
Maggie: Ahh, I see you're also an aficionado. I have two Rivendells, myself (QB and Bleriot). Yeah, those are ultra-long-reach sidepulls, looks like. Unfortnately, I was in "photo" mode, not "bike" mode when taking the picture, so I didn't look as closely at the components as I should have, or I'd be able to say more about this machine. The lovely bokeh of the Planar makes it near impossible to do after the fact.
Interesting you found that site. Confusingly, though, it seems to be a demonstration site for some sort of shipping management software (that's my best guess, anyway).
Thanks for your comments!
Here's a digital (M8) shot I took alongside the film, so you can see the pretty color (which is what attracted me from the outset:
Mike: I like the color one too. Excellent use of DOF.

bring 2 of them back.
Anthony: Great captures. The B&W PP's very good.

Some photos from the M2, loaded with Ektar and the 35/3.5 Summaron:
America For Sale, May, 2010

City of Lincoln, May, 2010
Ektar is vexing. My next roll of the stuff is going in my F3, which has an excellent meter, so maybe it'll give me more consistent results than using the meter in my head with the M2.
Maggie: These look good. Yeah, Ektar's fussy. I'll look for your F3 photos on the other thread.

Leica M7 + Fuji Pro 400S with 35mm v2 Summicron
Central Park NYC
drazin: Well done! The distinctive Fuji greens are quite nice here.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

khc1013

back again. with some color.
i was using a ND filter.... i felt that change the color a bit. it's not what I expected from velvia 50.