The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Lloyd

As for the courage...man, it's been twenty years since I developed any film myself! At the paper, I just handed the rolls to the darkroom guy and everything else were 'chromes!
LOL. Yes, exactly the same for me. On road I souped mostly in Diafine... wide latitude, and time not an issue. I swear I had spools in there for an hour a couple of times. Used to have to do my own E6 on occasion, but fortunately not often. At the mag it was all chrome, and I never processed a single roll. :thumbs:

m_driscoll

Matt: The colors are beautiful Matt. Why was the IQ erratic? Well seen. Well
captured. Regards.
Rayyan: Thank you. My exposures seemed more erratic then usual on that roll. Also, I forgot to tell them that i wanted tiffs, and the scans that I got back all seem slightly washed out with specks of dust in them. I'm going to have to stop using that lab for scans. I try scanning the negs myself and see if they look better.

Those are great Anthony -- I think I prefer the second set, but both are really nice. The second seems to have more coherence and attachment to the process.
Anthony: +1. I think I like this set better, too. :thumbup:

Some more M2/Summaron/Ektar:
Lake Web, May, 2010

The color response was more consistent in these frames, which was nice.
I'm still working up the courage to soup the 12 or so rolls of Legacy 400, Tri-X and HP5+ sitting in my desk...
Maggie: Nice photos. I like the rail and cobwebs. Well framed and focused. Your Ektar looks pretty good. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

khc1013

I had a very long busy weekend.
finally get to develop and scan some more.
35mm summilux pre-asph, neopan400/tmax dev.
my first roll of neopan 400. Like it a lot. may considering switching to it once i am done with all my TriX.
These are taken at a Turkish Restaurant in St Paul, MN.
They have the Best Turkish food. Family owns. very friendly. We talked about half an hour after we ate.
enjoy.

Maggie O

Mummmmmm, Doner Kebab.

Nice energy to these shots, Anthony. The Neopan looks good. I've got ten rolls of the stuff (Legacy Pro 400, but it's the same film) that I need to develop.

Stuart Richardson

Nice shots Anthony! I particularly like the 2nd one. Neopan 400 is great stuff...finer grained than Tri-x, but still traditional and not as soulless as the Delta and Tmax films are in 400. I am not sure why, but I really don't like Hp5 or Delta 400...Delta 100 is ok. XP2 is great for a chromagenic film....but for 400 speed give me Neopan 400 or Tri-X...

khc1013

Thanks Maggie and Stuart.

I used to use hp5 and fp4. Since i touched trix, i was hooked. I used XP2 for awhile when I no longer had a darkroom. I love it a lot. Few months ago, I just got chemicals and store in my bathroom just to develop and scan. No more printing. This is actually going pretty well so far. The roll of neopan 400 came with the Trix's I bought from someone on the other forum. I also have a roll of neopan acros need to be developed. Just need the time. I may turn into fuji fan for b/w stuffs.

m_driscoll

I had a very long busy weekend.
finally get to develop and scan some more.
35mm summilux pre-asph, neopan400/tmax dev.
my first roll of neopan 400. Like it a lot. may considering switching to it once i am done with all my TriX.
These are taken at a Turkish Restaurant in St Paul, MN.
They have the Best Turkish food. Family owns. very friendly. We talked about half an hour after we ate.
enjoy.

Anthony: Nice series, again. You caught some good expressions. They seemed comfortable with you shooting. These have a lot of character. Not overly contrasty; but enough. I'll have to try that film. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Maggie O

A few from the M4-P + Jupiter-8 50/2 + Ektar:

Beaver Creek, May, 2010

Abandoned Hat, May, 2010

Scooter On The Floor, May, 2010

She's such a glamor-puss. ;)