The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

M5-Guy

Peter, I like the photo of your wife and your son (with the cart). The photo of your son alone is beautiful. This is a really nice series. The combo of M5 and Sonnar seems like a great pairing.
Thanks Cindy

I wasn't sure what to except, I just started developing B&W at home, and this gives me a chance to use the M5 more and more. The 50/1.5 Sonnar on the G1 is fantastic...and I really like this lens with the M5 also. It is [magic] at f/1.5, and the bokeh... To die for :thumbs:

leif e

Hey, all of a sudden I´m an M5 guy as well :) - again.:eek:
And Peter (the real M5-guy); that third photo of your son alone is really beautiful!

A couple of shots here of my daughter this last Saturday in the nicest of pre-winter weathers.
M5, CV 1,4/35mm, TRI-X in XTOL 1+1

Last edited:

mathomas

1st off, Thanks Cindy for kind words on the sepia shed....
I may tone the shade down a bit in future attempts...
---------------
From Last Saturday, a nice gentleman I chatted with for about 10 minutes..
We both finished a long walk at the same time, but from different paths

M5 / CV 28 f/1.9 ASPH / Tmax 100

Really like this series. I should have some to post soon, as last night I finally got around to developing the roll of Plus-X I've been sitting on the past few months (have been shooting 120 a lot lately, so 135 has taken a back seat).

M5-Guy

I had a CV 35/1.4 SC for a few months, It is a nice lens.
Some nice images here...
Thanks for kind words...
M5-Guy II :D

Hey, all of a sudden I´m an M5 guy as well :) - again.:eek:
And Peter (the real M5-guy); that third photo of your son alone is really beautiful!

A couple of shots here of my daughter this last Saturday in the nicest of pre-winter weathers.
M5, CV 1,4/35mm, TRI-X in XTOL 1+1

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Congratulations on the new M5, Leif. The photos of your daughter look great.

I just went back to M6 Classic (Photo taken with M9 and Zeiss Planar 50 f/2 ZM)

I just got the first test roll back this afternoon. Ektar 100 and Zeiss 35 f/2.8 Biogon-C ZM
Closed for the season

Park Bench

Last edited:

mathomas

A few from the roll of Plus-X I shot over the summer/fall (I shot a lot of film, just not 135). Funny, looking back at the whole roll, almost every shot is very low-light.

M2 and VC Nokton 35mm f/1.4 SC
Plus-X exposed @ 400, developed in Diafine 3m+3m
Scanned on a Plustek 7300

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Ollie and Scott.

Mike, I love these. I always end up using my digital in low-light. These inspire me to change my ways. My favorite is the SP, but they are all superb.

scho

Congratulations on the new M5, Leif. The photos of your daughter look great.

I just went back to M6 Classic (Photo taken with M9 and Zeiss Planar 50 f/2 ZM)

I just got the first test roll back this afternoon. Ektar 100 and Zeiss 35 f/2.8 Biogon-C ZM
Cindy,

That M6 is a beauty! Very nice shots with the Zeiss glass. I sold all of my ZM lenses along with the M8, and although I miss them I'm satisfied now with the old Contax G for 35mm and the G lenses get double duty on my m43 as well.

scho

A few from the roll of Plus-X I shot over the summer/fall (I shot a lot of film, just not 135). Funny, looking back at the whole roll, almost every shot is very low-light.

M2 and VC Nokton 35mm f/1.4 SC
Plus-X exposed @ 400, developed in Diafine 3m+3m
Scanned on a Plustek 7300
Nice work Mike. I love the window shots of the old register and mannequin.

mathomas

Thanks, Ollie and Scott.

Mike, I love these. I always end up using my digital in low-light. These inspire me to change my ways. My favorite is the SP, but they are all superb.
Thank you, Cindy. I think film fares much better in low light (at least over my M8). I was thinking of selling or trading my f/1.4 Nokton, but now I'm reconsidering that, given every shot on this latest roll was shot with it.

Actually, I guess I'm now considering trading it for the f/1.2 Nokton :).

After seeing tokengirl's great results with Rollei Retro 80S, I bought a 10 pack, and am looking very forward to shooting that next.