The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone.

A few more from yesterday. I have ten rolls of Rollei Retro 80S burning a hole in my freezer bag, so I went out and shot a whole roll (feels weird to have to take 36 shots to finish the roll -- I've gotten used to my Fuji 690, which only gets 8 shots per roll!). I unfortunately overexposed a lot of them. I intended to overexpose, but not by that much! If you get the exposure right with this film, it pays back in spades. It was very overcast while I was out and about, so I shot the Sonnar opened up more than I might have for some shots. I took a few incident readings along the way, but it was mostly seat-of-the-pants.

All these shot with an M2 + 50mm Sonnar.
Developed in Adonal (Adox's Rodinal):
1+50 for 14m, 1m agitation then 10s every 2 minutes

My distilled water supply and other chems were at 66 (room temp), which would have called for 15:30 dev time, so I just ran it at 14:00 to dial back a bit on development. Wow, don't I sound like an "expert"? Hehe.
Yes! My best friend from grade school and college has been a cop there for almost 15 years!
MP with 50 Lux, 24 Lux. Velvia, Tri-X and I think Provia.

Mike, The tones on the photo of the pallets are beautiful.

Jason, I guess your friend is keeping me safe.;)

Vlad, Your photos are all great, but the color photo of the woman stands out for me. Your color photos are all so rich, yet subtle.

mathomas

Mike, The tones on the photo of the pallets are beautiful.

Jason, I guess your friend is keeping me safe.;)

Vlad, Your photos are all great, but the color photo of the woman stands out for me. Your color photos are all so rich, yet subtle.
Thanks, Cindy: Nik Silver Efex is my friend :)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I'm not sure if I should put photos from my Barnack iiig in the Leica M or Other thread, but since it is the forefather of the M and a Leica, I think this thread is more likely the right one.
iiig and Jupiter 8, Kodak BW400CN
Drain Pipe on the river

Receiving Vault

Lady

Cheese factory

m_driscoll

I'm not sure if I should put photos from my Barnack iiig in the Leica M or Other thread, but since it is the forefather of the M and a Leica, I think this thread is more likely the right one.
iiig and Jupiter 8, Kodak BW400CN
Drain Pipe on the river
Receiving Vault
Lady

Cheese factory
Cindy: In my opinion, it's a very elegant lower case "m". Here's fine with me. Excellent set. I like the tone and shadows in "Lady". :thumbup:

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

stevem_nj

I vist this site and read/study/try to learn.
(most days - quietly)

All -- thank you for posting your work - nicely done.

(back to being quiet).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Welcome, Stevem
Please join in. We are a very friendly bunch,:angel:
and would love to see your photos and hear your comments.

I vist this site and read/study/try to learn.
(most days - quietly)

All -- thank you for posting your work - nicely done.

(back to being quiet).

shtarka1

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone.

A few more from yesterday. I have ten rolls of Rollei Retro 80S burning a hole in my freezer bag, so I went out and shot a whole roll (feels weird to have to take 36 shots to finish the roll -- I've gotten used to my Fuji 690, which only gets 8 shots per roll!). I unfortunately overexposed a lot of them. I intended to overexpose, but not by that much! If you get the exposure right with this film, it pays back in spades. It was very overcast while I was out and about, so I shot the Sonnar opened up more than I might have for some shots. I took a few incident readings along the way, but it was mostly seat-of-the-pants.

All these shot with an M2 + 50mm Sonnar.
Developed in Adonal (Adox's Rodinal):
1+50 for 14m, 1m agitation then 10s every 2 minutes

My distilled water supply and other chems were at 66 (room temp), which would have called for 15:30 dev time, so I just ran it at 14:00 to dial back a bit on development. Wow, don't I sound like an "expert"? Hehe.

Mike, Your Amazing With Film!:thumbs:

mathomas

A couple from the past weekend. Let me tell you I'm digging Efke 25 in Rodinal!

All shots with M2+VC Nokton 35/1.2
Efke 25, developed Rodinal 1+125, 1hr, stand
Toning in Nik Silver Efex

I'm having a little trouble nailing focus with this lens (either it back-focuses a bit or the rangefinder in both my Ms are off (unlikely)), but still having fun.

m_driscoll

Brilliant Color & Comps Matt! Love Em both!
Steve: Thank you, sir! :D

I see you were rocking both the M9 and M7 when you shot the dog/dude photo. Nice shot, redux.

And, I love the faded-yet-intense color on that neon sign, whatever it is.
Mike: Thanks! :D It is subtly different from the other dog photo that i posted. Did I post this photo as an "M9" somewhere? I saw the guy and his dog today. Gave him a buck, but, didn't take a shot.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

I'm having a little trouble nailing focus with this lens (either it back-focuses a bit or the rangefinder in both my Ms are off (unlikely)), but still having fun.
Mike: Really great! I'm partial to the "Toontown" character of this one. Excellent tone.

Cheers, Matt

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Mike, I love all 3 of these. The Efke 25 looks great and the subject is so interesting.