The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Ken, I like the way that my eye is drawn into the photo by "Double Yellow" and am so intrigued by what is "shiny". Nice tones on both. That little CLE does a great job in your hands.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I'm just scanning a roll of Portra 400 tonight. The first one is converted to b&w with an Ascough action in CS5.
Leitz iiig and Elmar 35 f/3.5

Leitz iiig and CV 35 f/2.5

RF_Licks

Cindy, two excellent shots with the iiig. Very nice! I'm curious to try one of these iii series cameras someday.

--------
I haven't posted on this thread for awhile, but here's a few from my outing out with Steve (shtarka1) last week.
M6 TTL with either 35Lux ASPH or 50Lux ASPH. Legacy Pro 100 in either DDX1+4 or Rodinal 1+50. Scanned with Plustek 7600i.

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)

---------
and some fun shots of the other shooters :D

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Oh, man, Joe. Tell me it is that Legacy film that gives the great look to these images (and not those two killer ASPH lenses).:eek: I had a hard time picking a favorite, but I'd have to say it would be the image with the bench and the man in the suit.

My iiig is a real pleasure to shoot with. I hope you give one a try.

RF_Licks

Thanks Lloyd & Cindy :)

Lloyd, you always have a good punch line! :LOL:
Cindy, its probably a combination of the LPro100, lenses, some pp with SEP2 and some USM sharpening for the web :D
I'll definitely be on a lookout for a iiig, I'm only slightly worried that I may not be able to load film properly.

Joe

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks Lloyd & Cindy :)
Cindy, its probably a combination of the LPro100, lenses, some pp with SEP2 and some USM sharpening for the web :D
I'll definitely be on a lookout for a iiig, I'm only slightly worried that I may not be able to load film properly.

Joe
:eek:Whew, glad you didn't say that I needed those lenses. (Probably wouldn't help me anyhow.):ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Loading the iiig is not hard at all. I made a template out of cardboard and covered it with clear packing tape. I cut the leaders on a couple rolls ahead of time, and put them in my bag. I have had no problems loading once the leader is trimmed. Leica made a metal template at one time, but those have become pricey...and my home-made template works fine. You really don't need the template if you have a steady hand and count the sprocket holes....but it makes cutting them easy.

Lloyd

:eek:Whew, glad you didn't say that I needed those lenses. (Probably wouldn't help me anyhow.):ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Loading the iiig is not hard at all. I made a template out of cardboard and covered it with clear packing tape. I cut the leaders on a couple rolls ahead of time, and put them in my bag. I have had no problems loading once the leader is trimmed. Leica made a metal template at one time, but those have become pricey...and my home-made template works fine. You really don't need the template if you have a steady hand and count the sprocket holes....but it makes cutting them easy.
Hmm... I tried counting the sprocket holes when cutting for my IIIc. Didn't work out. They all came out black. (I probably shouldn't have counted the whole roll, right? :D)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
We went to Dragon boat races at Sheboygan yesterday. The sun was super harsh, but I couldn't resist a couple of snaps with M6, VC 35 f/1.2 and Ektar 100.
The Start

Rowing

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
These look wonderful, Dan. I love the black and white tones. Congrats on the new camera. I love the framing in the photo of Peg.