The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

seakayaker

Thank you Steve & Lloyd for your kind words, they are always appreciated!

Cape Cleare Salmon ~ Farmers Market ~ Port Townsend, WA

Leica MP with Voigtlander Ultron ASPH 28mm f1.9

Peg at the Bill Naito Legacy Fountain ~ Willamette River Walk ~ Portland Oregon

Leica MP with Elmarit-M 90mm f2.8

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Welcome, Iver. I like the graffiti shot a lot.

Dan, You are really going to town with the MP. I love the last photo of your wife.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
A few from this week. M6 and Leica 35 f/2 ASPH, Kodak Portra 160 (the new one)
Copper Harbor, (Upper) Michigan

Eagle Harbor Lighthouse, (Upper) Michigan

Raspberry Island Lighthouse, (one of the Apostle Islands), Wisconsin

Ruin from Quincy Copper Mine, Hancock, (Upper) Michigan

iver aldas

Dan, You are really going to town with the MP. I love the last photo of your wife.
Thanks Cindy. I'm just wondering why I am not able to see the graffiti shot I posted in my end? Is there like a special access that I should get in order to see what I posted? I got this message earlier after posting the graffiti shot and the TB shot that a moderator should confirm my post before it will appear on the thread. Some sort of that message I believe. Do you know why?

Best,
Iver

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Iver, I can see your photos, so I checked with Jack Flesher. He confirmed that you are approved and that he can see your photos. He suggested that you probably have a cookie issue and need to refresh your browser. Let me know if you have further issues.

iver aldas

Iver, I can see your photos, so I checked with Jack Flesher. He confirmed that you are approved and that he can see your photos. He suggested that you probably have a cookie issue and need to refresh your browser. Let me know if you have further issues.
Yes, For some reason I'm still having the same problem. I hope I am not causing too much headache for you guys. :confused:

iver aldas

Ritual

M6 - Jupiter 12 - Neopan 400 - Parodinal(Home brewed Rodinal) @20°

Testament Band

M6 - Jupiter 12 - Neopan 400 EI 3200 - D76; 1:1 @20°​

Last edited:

seakayaker

Dan, Lovely Smile & Shot Of Your Wife! Great Pair!:thumbs:

Thank you Steve & Cindy for your kind words, they are always appreciated! I am enjoying the MP and will have to make an effort to dust off the M9 at some point.

Welcome Iver!

The photograph that I see is cat & woman being cooled off by the fan! A lovely B/W capture! . . . . . as an FYI, I do not see a graffiti photograph . . . . .

A quick edit: I just saved the comments and then saw you two photographs that you posted. The ritual looks very interesting . . . . . the picture of the band is outstanding! Love it!

Cindy beautiful photographs with the M6. I love light houses and the capture of Cooper Harbor is so inviting I want to jump of the dock into the lake. Love the color and the light, wonderful!

I did order some Porta 160 and having it delivered to my daughters house for my visit back on the east coast next week. Steve, I will send you a email to find out what days look good for you so we can meet up for a a walk about town while I am back in the Boston area.

iver aldas

Thank you Steve & Cindy for your kind words, they are always appreciated! I am enjoying the MP and will have to make an effort to dust off the M9 at some point.

Welcome Iver!

The photograph that I see is cat & woman being cooled off by the fan! A lovely B/W capture! . . . . . as an FYI, I do not see a graffiti photograph . . . . .

A quick edit: I just saved the comments and then saw you two photographs that you posted. The ritual looks very interesting . . . . . the picture of the band is outstanding! Love it!

Cindy beautiful photographs with the M6. I love light houses and the capture of Cooper Harbor is so inviting I want to jump of the dock into the lake. Love the color and the light, wonderful!

I did order some Porta 160 and having it delivered to my daughters house for my visit back on the east coast next week. Steve, I will send you a email to find out what days look good for you so we can meet up for a a walk about town while I am back in the Boston area.
Thank you Dan! That's what I'm seeing in my end as well, just the cat, the band and the ritual, no graffiti photos. By the way we have the same name. Dan Iver Ray Aldas is my complete name and nickname is Iver. You have a unique touch in capturing photos which is great. Also the tonality and the grains that adds drama to the photos. May I know the developer that you are using Dan? For the ritual photo, it happens every holy week were devotees re-enact the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

PS: Great camera! I envy you for having that. :)

Last edited:

seakayaker

Ten years ago 30,000 people filled the area around the International Fountain at the Seattle Center in the days following 9/11/2001.

This past Sunday the 10 year remembrance ceremony was attended by dozens. It was moving for those who attended . . . . .

Flag of Heroes on Display at the Seattle Center 9/11/01 Remembrance Service ~ 2011

Mayor Mike McGinn arriving to join Senator Maria Cantwell & King County Executive Dow Constantine
Seattle Center 9/11/01 Remembrance Service ~ 2011

Guests arriving to participate in Seattle Center 9/11/01 Remembrance Service ~ 2011

Presentation of the Flower Wreaths at the Seattle Center 9/11/01 Remembrance Service ~ 2011

U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, & King County Executive Dow Constantine
Greeting Participants at the Conclusion of the 9/11 Remembrance Service ~ 2011

Visitors Paying Their Respects

Flowers, Cards, Pictures & Miscellaneous Items Left at the Site.

MP with Lux 50 ASPH

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Iver, Nice light in this set. I suggest that you post the graffiti photo again and see if the problem is solved.

Dan, I like the processing of the 911 remembrance photos. They have an old-time gritty look...but, your lens renders so 3-D.

seakayaker

Iver, beautiful captures of Allah hu Akbar! Love the light & glow in the first shot, just a wonderful capture, very pleasing to the eye!

. . . . . . a very nice graffiti shot as well!

In a previous post above I explained that I am having my film processed and scanned onto a High Res CD at a Photo Lab in Seattle. In the photographs I import to aperture then used Nik pre-sharping software, Nik Define at default setting, then Silver efex pro and adjusted brightness, contrast and structure, then added a soft edge vignette and border.

. . . . . and . . . . .

Cindy & Iver, thank you for you kind comments, they are appreciated!