The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

seakayaker

Just did my first solo gig (unpaid) to cover an event. Here are a couple samples.

M7 w/ Provia 400X.

I am really impressed with how the film somehow turned a boring studio light into sunset type of color.
K, a couple of great shoots, the B&W is my favorite, love the light!

Araakii

Yes, after you and ED left I ended up talking to Mark for awhile and then I decided to go ahead and make the purchase.

Shot two rolls with the M6 on Saturday and Sunday and one roll came out as expected and the other had scratches and white marking on the majority of the negatives. I am assuming they were caused in the development process and not by the camera and will be running another couple of rolls through over the weekend to insure it is not the camera. The other thought I had was that I may have not threaded the film correctly, just not sure what created the scratch marks.
Dan, I just had this experience a couple weeks ago. I suspect that when I loaded the film, the film didn't get aligned with the "lines" above and below the shutter curtain perfectly. On my negatives, I could see that the exposed area in each frame is slightly tilted to one side.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Went to a photo shoot over the weekend at the Masonic Temple in Oshkosh hosted by the Oshkosh Photography group. Erin was one of the models available.
M6ttl 0.85, Leica 35 f/2 Summicron ASPH, Kodak Portra 400
(My M6 0.72 had to go for a visit with Don Goldberg this week.)
Erin-

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Araakii, I like the black and white one best. Nice work.
Dan, The protest photos are great. Congrats on your new M6 ttl 0.85. I really like mine. ;)

seakayaker

Cindy, great photographs of Erin! What a treat to have a professional model to work with, love the captures!

Thanks for your kind words, they are always appreciated. The M6 is a treat and my short time with it has been a positive experience. I was also pleased with the results of the Porta 400 that I used with my MP. Working with the film 'M' cameras has been a real treat.

Hope all is well and always look forward to your posts!

seakayaker

Steve, thanks for you kind words and encouragement, it is appreciated!

A couple of captures at Golden Gardens taken this weekend.

The Wedding

Peg

M6 TTL .85 with Leica APO Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH ~ Ilford HP5 400

seakayaker

Occupy Wall Street Rally & March ~ Seattle, WA ~ October 15, 2011

Leica MP with Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ Kodak Portra 160 Color Film

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy, great photographs of Erin! What a treat to have a professional model to work with, love the captures!

Thanks for your kind words, they are always appreciated. The M6 is a treat and my short time with it has been a positive experience. I was also pleased with the results of the Porta 400 that I used with my MP. Working with the film 'M' cameras has been a real treat.

Hope all is well and always look forward to your posts!
Thanks, Dan. Erin is also a college student. The models were doing this in exchange for photos for their portfolios. Erin has a special something about her that is magic, and I'm sure she has a bright future ahead. Most of the photographers had strobes and big Can-Nikons. It was fun to just move around with my M6 and iiig (also used my Panasonic G3 with M glass) using available light.

rsolti13

Cindy - great shots of Erin! Lovely color

Dan - a couple of excellent sets! My favorite shot of the last couple is the first wedding shot - excellent! The wall st march as a set is also excellent

iver aldas

Great work Cindy and Dan.

Dan,

I Miss shooting in protest, there will be a protest here tomorrow morning against the farmers and our government. A photojournalist friend told me that the protest will turn into a huge riot. But I'm hoping that it will not. Anyway, keep up the good work Dan, you really got a cool shooting style.

Cindy, post more photos of Erin please. She is gorgeous! I've wanted to do a photo shoot with models, but I don't have the ability to direct them in front of the camera. You did great on how you made her pose and project. That is the most challenging part in a model shoot. :(

seakayaker

Thank you Ryan and Iver for your kind words, they are always appreciated!

Self Reflection

Pittock Block ~ Portland Oregon

Leica MP with ELMAR-M 24mm f3.8 ASPH

edftwin

Hey Dan, i really love both your BnW and colour photos for the Occupy Wall Street March set ! Amazing PJ with film !

Cindy, i like the tones in your model photos ! They really got the retro feeling !

seakayaker

Thanks Ed & Cindy for your kind words, they are always appreciated!

Farmers Market ~ Port Townsend, WA

Having Lunch with Peg ~ Port Townsend, WA

MP with Voigtlander Ultron ASPH 28mm f1.9

~~~~~~~

Lindsay & Sadie

MP with Summilux-M 35 mm f1.4 ASPH

chrism

Here's another of the son before he donated 10" of hair:

I rather hope he grows it again - I had become used to it!

Chris

seakayaker

Occupy Wall Street Protest ~ Seattle, WA ~ October 22, 2011

Leica M6 TTL with Zeiss C Sonnar T* 50mm f1.5 / Ilford HP5